Trent University (Peterborough, Ontario)

RelaxButterfly

Hey AmandaC!

I'm not actually attending Trent for grad school, but I did my undergrad there and wanted to chime in because it's a GREAT school (and I'm afraid that you might not find any immediate colleagues on GC because Trent is so TINY!)

I'm attending U of T for Sociology starting this fall. My undergrad at Trent was a double major in English/Sociology, so I'm familiar with the English resources, though not specifically pertaining to the graduate level... I always felt very well-supported at Trent, and Peterborough is a lovely community with a large representation of activists/artists/musicians and an awesome corresponding "scene", given the size. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to take a shot at answering them! Feel free to PM me!

Congrats!

Thanks surefire! I'm honestly surprised (but thankful!) to have found even an alumnus of Trent on here, as it's such a small school (population wise anyways!) like you said. I visited the campuses last weekend, and I'm so excited to start there in September. Everyone I met connected to Trent and in Peterborough in general was so friendly and helpful, and both Traill College and Symons Campus are GORGEOUS. Being a research nerd, my jaw almost hit the floor when the tour guide brought me into the library. I'm looking forward to gazing at the river while panicking over my papers! Haha. I will definitely PM you if I think of any questions.

I do have one short one though: which college were you a part of? I'm very excited about the college system, and I've heard that the grad students are randomly assigned to one of the undergraduate colleges as well as Traill. Do you know if this is true? If so, waiting to hear where I've been placed is going to be like getting sorted into houses at Hogwarts (without the magic of course!).

Thanks again!

Thanks surefire! I'm honestly surprised (but thankful!) to have found even an alumnus of Trent on here, as it's such a small school (population wise anyways!) like you said. I visited the campuses last weekend, and I'm so excited to start there in September. Everyone I met connected to Trent and in Peterborough in general was so friendly and helpful, and both Traill College and Symons Campus are GORGEOUS. Being a research nerd, my jaw almost hit the floor when the tour guide brought me into the library. I'm looking forward to gazing at the river while panicking over my papers! Haha. I will definitely PM you if I think of any questions.

I do have one short one though: which college were you a part of? I'm very excited about the college system, and I've heard that the grad students are randomly assigned to one of the undergraduate colleges as well as Traill. Do you know if this is true? If so, waiting to hear where I've been placed is going to be like getting sorted into houses at Hogwarts (without the magic of course!).

Thanks again!

Going to send you a PM :)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/3/2013 at 11:11 AM, RelaxButterfly said:

Hi respectyourheart! If you have any questions, I can try to answer them. Which program are you starting?

Hey there, 

I applied for Trent Universitues Finacial Analytics program this year hoping to begin in Fall.I haven't had a reply yet but I was wondering if you could let me know about the acceptance rate for grad courses.

Thank you