Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 2009-10 grantee to Thailand. I've received my medical clearance in June. Other than that, I've received no correspondence from Fulbright or the Thai commission. Are there any other East Asian/Southeast Asian grantees out in a similar situation?

P.S. Fulbrightest, I see you're back. Welcome back!

I'm going to Morocco and haven't received my final forms, either. They've only mailed them, from Morocco, last week. So, OD09, I wouldn't worry...I think it's that way across the board.

I think it's interesting they gave me plane tickets before they gave me the forms to finally accept the award. :D

Thanks, mattstre, that's good to hear. I'll have to call them next week to see what's taking so long.
I'm going to Morocco and haven't received my final forms, either. They've only mailed them, from Morocco, last week. So, OD09, I wouldn't worry...I think it's that way across the board.

Just to let you guys know, I think they tend to send stuff really late. I just received my final forms (ones to sign and confirm that you accept the grant) a few weeks ago. I never received anything confirming my medical clearance either (but i'm sure i'm cleared since they sent me everything else). Today, I received a packet with a handbook/other documents finalizing everything. If you want to, you should call your program manager's office! They are always willing to answer questions and help out in anyway they can.

Just to let you guys know, I think they tend to send stuff really late. I just received my final forms (ones to sign and confirm that you accept the grant) a few weeks ago. I never received anything confirming my medical clearance either (but i'm sure i'm cleared since they sent me everything else). Today, I received a packet with a handbook/other documents finalizing everything. If you want to, you should call your program manager's office! They are always willing to answer questions and help out in anyway they can.

Thanks, top. That's good to hear. I called IIE and emailed my country's commission last week. The big packet is on its way.

• 3 weeks later...

hi od09!

ill be going to thailand too for the research grant. where will you be living? what is your project about? when are you leaving? im going in be in bangkok at chulalongkorn, and im leaving sept 29. we should email!

hi od09!

ill be going to thailand too for the research grant. where will you be living? what is your project about? when are you leaving? im going in be in bangkok at chulalongkorn, and im leaving sept 29. we should email!

Hi, maew7!

This is so cool! I'm stationed at Chulalangkorn as well (in the Southeast Asian Studies department). I'm working on a medical anthropology project that studies the social perception of developmental disability in Southeast Asia. I'm hoping to leave the 15th of October. Where are you going to live, maew7? We have so much to talk about. I have a lot of questions! My email is: aathoang@gmail.com. We should talk soon! Are you done preparing? I'm both ecstatic and terrified to be going. hahah.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Congrats to all those who have recieved good news. I'm a Finalist for the Fulbright grant to study an International MBA at the Instituto de Empresa in Spain and I still haven't heard anything. For all of you other people still out there waiting. I feel your pain. Not sure if I should bother calling or just sit out the last 2 weeks, since I've already managed to survive waiting this long.

Hello,

I am currently applying to the IE Fulbright. I was wondering if you ended up getting the grant?

Rachel

• 4 months later...

I think it's just for particular countries, possibly just for research.

I was an ETA in India 2009-2010, and interviews were not a part of the selection process at that time. Is this a new requirement, or something specifically for potential research grantees rather than ETAs?

Best of luck to you all.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just found out I'm an alternate for Peru... any idea the chances of getting the grant at this point due to someone dropping out, or additional funding being provided??

Thanks!

Hi folks --

I received note today that I've been named an alternate for Ecuador. The letter came from IEE directly via USPS.

I applied for the research FB, to conduct a project examining social and civic education at a school there.

IM me for more info (@hotmail.com)

Be well,

c