University of Alberta, Chances of Acceptance?

xaeem

I am currently student of final year of bechelor in mechanical engineering, from Pakistan.

My exexpected cGPA would be 2.5/4.0. I havent yet given IELTS and GRE but planing for them. I am interested in MEng programs in petroleum, mining, enviornmental and engineering management.

Question is will i be able to get in U of A. As i am applying for course based degree hence i will not be having any funding from university.

What score will be good in GRE to get me into U of A.

P.S. i am applying to UofA alone in Canada,

According to their mentioned minimum requirement for Pakistan i.e. first division, its at 2.5 cGPA.

Question is if I fulfill the minimum requirements and give GRE even if its not required, will it put any positive impact on my application?

International students with minimum requirements are easily able to get in U of A or not?

Since you're only doing a course based Master's, I think it's pretty safe to say that as long as you meet the minimum requirements, they will accept you. It's money in their pocket, not like they're funding you or anything.

Hmm its good then

GRE is not compulsory for University of Alberta so should I skip it? or go for the test to put my application on safer side?

Maybe, but like I said, I don't think they're as picky when it comes to the course based program, because you are not funded and are actually paying a lot of money in tuition. Especially if you are an international student.

Hmm its good then

GRE is not compulsory for University of Alberta so should I skip it? or go for the test to put my application on safer side?

U of A Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering/School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering state on their FAQ section (here: http://www.civil.eng...duate/FAQs.aspx) :

Do you require the GRE Test?

No, we do not require this test, and it will not be used to assess your application.

Edited by surefire

• 10 months later...

Hey, I have a CGPA of 7.2/10 from the best technical university in India. Chemical Engineering. 2 years of work-ex in the largest petroleum refinery. Annd I have applied for Univ of Alberta. What are the chances for me getting an admission. I had applied 3 months back and still haven't heard from them.

• 1 year later...