Slavics

sunbabygirl

This may be a long shot because Slavics is such a small field, but is there anyone here who's applied to the Princeton and Harvard PhD programs? Heard anything back yet? The five other schools I applied to all gave me answers between January and a week ago.

Yeah!! I am applying for a PhD in Slavic Lang and Lit! I am happy there is someone out in our field!

I also applied to Princeton and haven't heard anything back yet. I am now waitlisted at Brown. As for Harvard, I didn't want to apply there because my preliminary research on their department showed complete contradiction of their teaching methods with my methodology. :D

I've been accepted by UT Austin and USC.

Where have you been accepted?

Got rejected from Princeton via e-mail today. It was kind of expected. My research interests are not just focused on literature and criticism. So, I guess I was not a good fit for them. Oh maybe the other way around? :D

To andy76: Brown was supposed to inform everyone on February the 13th or 16th regardless of the outcome. So, maybe you need to call them - your e-mail might have gotten lost. Also, what's your top choice? My was probably Brown :roll:

to andy76: Did you apply to NYU by any chance? I haven't heard anything from them. Also, even the schools I have been accepted to (UT Austin and USC) haven't said anything about funding yet. It has been awhile since I was accepted there, so I have no idea whether to be happy or sad. I just wanted to be accepted by one of those schools that give you full funding without questions or delays. Too much to ask? :P

Oh, man. I forgot about Chicago -- I don't lump it in with my other Slavics because they're the only school for which I applied to Slavic linguistics and not literature. So yes, I did, but I've heard absolutely nothing thus far, and given that I made my decision not to apply to any more slavling programs while writing my statement for Chicago, I'm not holding my breath there, either. :wink:

I didn't apply to NYU -- is that the new complit/history specialization you're applying to?

I wrote to Northwestern just to check them out before applying anywhere. It seemed to me that they were not extremely welcoming to my proposals, so I decided not to apply there. However, I had no idea about the GRE factor, hmmm, that was a miscalculation on my part :)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Any other Slavic applicants this round? Anyone heard ANYTHING?

Me... I've heard back from three schools. I'm 2/3 so far. I've had phone interviews with three others.

How about everyone else? I know there must be more than just the two of us on here. BTW, thanks for starting the conversation. I've been wondering too.

Hello,

I was wondering if the person who posted on the results page saying they had a HORRIBLE interview at Yale is around...?

I myself just had a horrible interview (or what I think was horrible) and wanted to briefly chat...

Thanks