University of Michigan- Ann Arbor

mochalatte

WOW, I thought University of Michigan - Ann Arbor should render their decisions a little sooner since they have an earlier deadline (Dec. 1), don't they? It was also the school I would like to apply to but just missed the deadline at last.

I applied to the CPEP (Combined Porgram in Education and Psychology) program, but haven't heard anything. There was an acceptance that popped up on the results in January, but no comments were provided, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I've been assuming that I didn't get in, and they are (very) slow to send out rejections.

Anyone else apply to CPEP?

Thank you!

I did not realize there were rankings for Higher Ed PhD programs. Could you point me to where you found them? I have seen the general US News Education rankings, but that is about it. It would be interesting to know.

I am unsure if I will accept the Michigan offer at this point. I need to find out more detailed information about funding, in particular the stipend. Finally, I'm concerned about living in Michigan in general with the dismal state of this economy.....plus 10 below zero sounds downright terrible.

I would like to work with Deborah Faye Carter, Ed St John, and Steve Dejardains. They are all excellent researchers and are doing some really great work on college access. Plus it would allow me to explore quant and qual methods. What about you? We will see...

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I am in, MA in Learning and Teaching. I have been notified by e-mail, and have talked to Prof. Mary Schleppegrell by phone, but I haven't gotten my letter yet. I'm waiting to hear back from Berkeley; if that's a no then I am headed to MI!

(This is my first post on gradcafe. Super excited to read/post more!)

for M.Ed applicants...how long between when you submitted and when they answered (U Mich)?

I have not, as of yet, completed my U Mich application. All my LORs, GRE scores, and transcripts were sent, but I've been dawdling on filling out the rest of the application. The deadline is June 30th (!), and Michigan is by far the most practical choice. I live in Seoul but own a house in Ann Arbor - so that takes care of housing. And being able to finally come home and live there for longer than a week for the first time in 16 years - one could say I am rather homesick!

What's holding me back then? I think I'm just really hell-bent on the MBE program at Harvard. If I complete and submit my Michigan app, it will be for a totally different program - educational policy - because that's the one U Mich offering that's a fit for me at this point. And fit itself is just part of the equation - really dying to do a specific program probably contributes to that student succeeding at whichever university.

Edited by kismetcapitan

I applied to the CPEP (Combined Porgram in Education and Psychology) program, but haven't heard anything. There was an acceptance that popped up on the results in January, but no comments were provided, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I've been assuming that I didn't get in, and they are (very) slow to send out rejections.

Anyone else apply to CPEP?

Hey dirkduck,

I also applied to the CPEP program and haven't heard anything yet... However, when I checked the status of your application online, it said "A decision has been made. You will be notified by the program you applied to". I don't know if that's good or bad.....

Do you know if they contact students before acceptances? If they ask to set up interviews?

Anyways, we should hear from them by the end of this month. Good luck!

Where else did you apply to?

Hey dirkduck,

I also applied to the CPEP program and haven't heard anything yet... However, when I checked the status of your application online, it said "A decision has been made. You will be notified by the program you applied to". I don't know if that's good or bad.....

Do you know if they contact students before acceptances? If they ask to set up interviews?

Anyways, we should hear from them by the end of this month. Good luck!

Where else did you apply to?

cpep does not do interviews. they invite admitted students to visit, and usually do not send out rejections until after all of the admitted students have made their decision as to whether or not they will go. they typically have a waiting list that they will draw from if admitted students decline their offer. you can, however, e-mail the program and ask about the status of your app, and i am pretty sure they will let you know if you are on the waiting list or will be rejected.

• 1 year later...

I posted this in the psych forum and then found this topic again....

Is the person who posted for Michigan Education & Psychology here? If so, did the chair say anything about other interviews going out? I read in a post from a previous year that CPEP doesn't do interviews...

Thanks for helping with anxiety :) CPEP is one of my top choices.

Hi, FutureEd, did you apply to CPEP too? Last year, it seems that acceptances went out around the 16th-20th of January, rejections later. It looks like they're later this year?

Good luck!! :)

Thanks! I actually applied to the Teaching and Learning program. Nervous...

Best of luck to you!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Also where can you check the status of you application where it says a decision has been made, I went to the activity page and I didn't see a status.

If you go to your UMich Friend account (not the application website) and log in to the New & Prospective Student Center, you'll see a link for your application status.

Just as blue_the_puppy said in 2010 above, you can just email the CPEP office - I did and received a very kind and friendly reply.

Anyone heard from the Higher Ed PhD program?

I go to Michigan currently and applied as well. I talked to one of the people I know in the office and she said:

"Applicants will be provided decisions by mid-February, if not before. We have a tight timeline for admitted students to apply for internships and that requires decisions to be made in early or mid-February so that they can apply to internships before the end of that month."

Thus...hopefully soon.

I go to Michigan currently and applied as well. I talked to one of the people I know in the office and she said:

"Applicants will be provided decisions by mid-February, if not before. We have a tight timeline for admitted students to apply for internships and that requires decisions to be made in early or mid-February so that they can apply to internships before the end of that month."

Thus...hopefully soon.

thanks! Good luck!