University of Michigan- Ann Arbor

mochalatte

Looks like someone got a call today for the higher Ed phd. Makes me nervous and sad.

How did you find out?  I don't see anything on the admission posts.  So all offers have been made for the Higher Ed PhD?

There was one phone call acceptance that's now on pg. 5 or 6 of results. I guess we just need to cross our fingers and hope that more offers are yet to be made.

There was one phone call acceptance that's now on pg. 5 or 6 of results. I guess we just need to cross our fingers and hope that more offers are yet to be made.

I can't seem to find it but if it's true, I'm so sad :(  I was really excited about the program.  I thought they were trimming down from 22 to 14 or something during the interview process.  Let me go eat some ice cream.....

Just got a no via email.  

The Doctoral Admissions Committee recently reviewed your application for admission to our program.  Unfortunately, the committee’s decision was not to offer you admission at this time.

The committee reviewed a great many applications from well-qualified individuals and had to make difficult choices.  In its deliberations, the committee took into account your professional experiences, prior academic performance, and the fit between your interests and goals and our program of study.  Due to the record number of applications we received, we are sorry we cannot provide more specific feedback for individual applicants.

We wish you the best in your academic pursuits and future career.

Edited by hiker

Has anyone else heard from the Master's Program? I just got an acceptance email (yay!) but they didn't give any info on coming to visit the campus and interview for internships. Nor did they let me know when I needed to accept the offer. 
In a previous email they said we would visit and interview for internships on March 13. Is anyone else in and planning on going to that? 

University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Wisconsin: Pending
University of Maryland: Denied
University of Texas: Pending
Northwestern University: Accepted
UCLA: Denied

Edited by JG10

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything on the master's fellowship (higher education)? It's been 10 days since they sent admissions decisions. I am losing hope.

Hi 50_50,

I don't think they will let us know about fellowships until March. Here is the info they sent in the acceptance email about fellowships: 

All admitted applicants will be considered for these CSHPE fellowships; there is no application for this departmental funding.  If you are offered funding by CSHPE, you will receive a separate letter with the details of your fellowship.  We will be notifying prospective students about CSHPE aid decisions prior to Campus Visit Day.

Are you going to the Campus Visit Day? I'm looking forward to it! 

• 2 weeks later...

To students who are admitted to Educational Studies MA program, did anyone get any news about funding such as fellowships or assistantships? Please share some info if you get any funding, I am dying here as a poor international student...... :(

• 2 weeks later...

To students who are admitted to Educational Studies MA program, did anyone get any news about funding such as fellowships or assistantships? Please share some info if you get any funding, I am dying here as a poor international student......