University of Michigan- Ann Arbor

mochalatte

Congrats everyone!!

The e-mail subject line was descriptively named "Application Status."

LOL!! Sneaky, sneaky!

Seems like Higher Ed makes their decisions earlier across the board.

For those accepted-

Was the decision posted in your Friends account? Or was the decision in an email?

Congrats everyone!!

LOL!! Sneaky, sneaky!

Seems like Higher Ed makes their decisions earlier across the board.

For those accepted-

Was the decision posted in your Friends account? Or was the decision in an email?

The decision was emailed from CSHE. My Friends account didn't immediately update ... I think you have to be officially offered admission by Rackham (after being recommended for admission by CSHE) before your Friend account reflects the admission offer.

Same here, for Higher Education! Still deciding if I'll attend on March 23rd, I'd love to hear back from other schools first so I can determine which ones to visit.

Congrats to those admitted!

I plan to attend the Visitation Day on March 23.*

*I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't realize how close Ann Arbor and Detroit were until I was looking for airline tickets.

TexanLex: Congrats on being accepted! For Stanford and Harvard, Stanford should have Master's decisions out around March 3-7, give or take a few days, and Harvard should have Master's decisions out by March 11, give or take a few days.

^ Detroit (proper) is actually 45 miles (48 minutes) away from Ann Arbor. Of course, it's a longer trip if you're coming from the far north and northeast suburbs.

Revo, why are you ashamed? Most U-M students do not drive to Detroit unless they are visiting family, friends, work and special events.

Edited by michigan girl

^ Detroit (proper) is actually 45 miles (48 minutes) away from Ann Arbor. Of course, it's a longer trip if you're coming from the far north and northeast suburbs.

Revo, why are you ashamed? Most U-M students do not drive to Detroit unless they are visiting family, friends, work and special events.

I definitely had Ann Arbor a lot farther west of Detroit in my mind until I looked at the map. [My only direct experience with the State of Michigan is a detoured Amtrak train and a 5-minute connection at DTW].

On an unrelated note, I was pleasantly surprised by how many (and somewhat varied) CSHPE internship options are currently posted.

Edited by Revo

Hello,

I am in, MA in Learning and Teaching. I have been notified by e-mail, and have talked to Prof. Mary Schleppegrell by phone, but I haven't gotten my letter yet. I'm waiting to hear back from Berkeley; if that's a no then I am headed to MI!

(This is my first post on gradcafe. Super excited to read/post more!)

Are you going to the visit in 2 weeks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought I would revive this post to see if there were others out there who applied to University of Michigan.  I applied to the higher education Phd program for Fall 2014. With the December 1 deadline, I believe they will start reviewing applications in January, at least that is my understanding for the higher ed program.

Good luck to others who applied this year!

• 1 month later...

I thought I would revive this post to see if there were others out there who applied to University of Michigan.  I applied to the higher education Phd program for Fall 2014. With the December 1 deadline, I believe they will start reviewing applications in January, at least that is my understanding for the higher ed program.

Good luck to others who applied this year!

I applied to MIchigan as well! Public Policy in Postsecondary ed program. I guess I don't share your optimism - I think they'll take their sweet time getting back to us!