University of Michigan- Ann Arbor

mochalatte

If you look at the results page, the one person who posted that was admitted last year indicates an interview in late January and a decision by early February.  It seems that early February is when applicants are notified of their status.  Also, I participated in a webinar and the faculty member mentioned a similar timeline.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have already interviewed with University of Michigan, can you share your experience (what types of questions did you get, was it with a panel vs. just one professor, how long did it last...)? I have an interview scheduled next week (applied to the Higher Ed PhD program).

For those who have already interviewed with University of Michigan, can you share your experience (what types of questions did you get, was it with a panel vs. just one professor, how long did it last...)? I have an interview scheduled next week (applied to the Higher Ed PhD program).

Hi,

what track did you apply for? I applied for the public policy track in higher ed and have heard nothing! Am pretty bummed out if I don't get in, it's my top choice. Best of luck with the interview!

I heard back this morning about an interview. The (brief) interview will be this week.  I applied to the Higher Education PhD program, Research, Evaluation, and Assessment concentration.

Since I was just notified this morning and someone else heard last week, it seems that invites for interviews are going out at different times.  It is possible that they haven't made it to all the concentrations yet.

Since I was just notified this morning and someone else heard last week, it seems that invites for interviews are going out at different times.  It is possible that they haven't made it to all the concentrations yet.

That sounds encouraging. Thanks.

As for me, I also did not hear from them. 

Applied for the Ph.D. in Educational Studies with a Concentration in Mathematics education.

Hi, I just had my skype interview with the Director of CSHPE today. It was really casual and he told me it was not evaulative. It only lasted about 30 min. and I was basically asked why I wanted to pursue my PhD now, what I want to do when I'm finished, and research interests. Good luck!

I also did my interview yesterday and had a similar experience.  Anyone get an idea of when we would be notified of a decision?

I was told the committee was meeting today and I would likely hear within the week! Fingers crossed!

Educational Studies department is still reviewing applications. The admission office says to give it a few weeks. Until then, how does it go: "breathe in, breathe out"? Or is it the other way around - I've forgotten!  :)

Educational Studies department is still reviewing applications. The admission office says to give it a few weeks. Until then, how does it go: "breathe in, breathe out"? Or is it the other way around - I've forgotten!  :)

So we still have a chance... good news, thanks!

I was told the committee was meeting today and I would likely hear within the week! Fingers crossed!

My interviewer was a bit more vague, but the admitted student visit weekend is in early March, and so she thought in a week or two at the latest.

I wasn't... It's a pity... My first rejection.

Thank you for applying to the doctoral program in Educational Studies at the University of Michigan.  After reviewing your application for Mathematics Education, the admissions committee has determined your interests would more closely align with our Teaching and Learning master’s program.  Would you be interested in having your application considered by the master’s review committee?  Please see the linkhttp://www.soe.umich.edu/academics/masters_programs/tl/ for more information.  Please let me know as soon as possible so I can connect your application with the appropriate individuals.

Oh, well...

Edited by AmandaLemon

Sigh. I didn't get an accept or a reject from Ed Studies yet. Looks like I'm hanging in the balance . . . today at least.

Same here, jackinstyle. Imapplied in CPEP- havent heard from them at all- whether reject or not- while some have. What do you think it means? Waitlist, hopefully?

Same here, jackinstyle. Imapplied in CPEP- havent heard from them at all- whether reject or not- while some have. What do you think it means? Waitlist, hopefully?

Yep, just got the "alternate status" email this morning.