When do you leave/when do you start?

KristiHipp

I'll be moving to Indiana State University for the next two years to pursue my Master's in Student Affairs & Higher Education. I leave my home in Southern California two weeks from (technically, since it's after midnight) today! I start job training for my assistantship on the 27th, but we're taking a few days to road trip there.

Classes start August 21st. Just curious to see what everyone's journey looks like. :)

I'm moving from Texas to DC for GW's MSTD MA program. Orientation is, I think, August 23 but I'm moving in August 7 because of my husband's job. It's going to be a long 2 day drive (I'm not doing that drive straight again, did that in undergrad too often).

My programme at University of Calgary starts Sep 10, international student orientation is Sep 6 and graduate student orientation is Sep 7. I'll be leaving JA the 31st of August n total flying time will be about 8 hrs (not counting the 3hr stop in Toronto). My move-in date is Sep 3 though so I'll chill in a hotel and explore a bit for the 2 days before.

Well, I moved from Florida to my parents' house in Tennessee on May 26th. I move to Kentucky (where I will be attending school at Universityof Kentucky in Lexington) on July 23, start training for my assistantship on July 25. Orientation for my program is August 20 - classes start August 22. :)

I moved from Florida to North Carolina last Sunday. We had a nightmare of a trip up, as the moving truck had a major blowout which resulted in both of the rear driver's side tires and rims being lost. In the end the moving company had to have it towed up the last three hours of the trip at their expense and also didn't charge us at all for the truck.

Orientation starts August 13 and classes start on August 27. We decided to move up early so that we would have time to get used to the area and for my fiance to find a job before school starts.

We're going to look for a place to live in our new town at the end of the month. I will be defending my MSc thesis in August so I won't leave until near the end of August. We are probably going to visit our family in our hometown first, then arrive in the new town around Sept 1. Orientation is Sept 23 and the first day of class is Oct. 1. So that gives us a couple of weeks to get settled in, etc.

While I have started my program last month remotely, the actual physical move will take place in Aug. Orientation is Aug 16. School starts Aug 20. Because of my husband's job, we cannot leave here earlier than Aug 11. Fly from Hawaii to CA. One day to visit with my in-laws and pick up our car and belongings. Drive to our destination with a pit stop in AZ to visit my family. In total we will be driving about 1600 mi to get to our destination, arriving the night of Aug 15. It would be nice to have more time to get settled in, but that's the way it goes. I'm excited about this journey. B)

Classes start on August 20, but my assistantship starts on August 15. Will be leaving home on August 5, and plan to spend a few days visiting my aunt and uncle on the way to break the journey. It would be 24 hours of travel if I were to do it straight (lots of connecting flights since I'm on a budget)!

Orientation starts on August 27th, classes September 4th.

I plan on starting my move on August 20th and arriving on the 24th. Since I can't quit my job until the 15th and thus don't get a vacation I decided to take a few extra days to move and check out some sites along the way.

I will attend University of Texas at Arlington for the PhD program in Management

Leaving Job: Aug 8th

Traveling: Aug 12th (International flight)

Orientation: Aug 15th

School start: Aug 23rd

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be moving to Indiana State University for the next two years to pursue my Master's in Student Affairs & Higher Education. I leave my home in Southern California two weeks from (technically, since it's after midnight) today! I start job training for my assistantship on the 27th, but we're taking a few days to road trip there.

Classes start August 21st. Just curious to see what everyone's journey looks like. :)

Hey! I'm going to ISU too! I'll be getting my Master's in English. I moved to town on July 2nd, so I've mostly just been hanging out. I got a temp job at the bookstore on campus, which I start next week. And then training for my assistantship starts on Aug. 16th.

My move in date is August 18, and the orientation for my department is August 20 :D Luckily I'm already in Texas for an internship...

My TX move-in date is also August 18!

I've moved in already, though I'm not really relocating. I'll be attending Boston University, and I grew up right outside Boston. I did move into a new apartment, so I've just had to move all my stuff. It's been a lot of work, just to get it a town over; I pity all of you moving to completely new cities.

My orientation is on Labor Day, September 3. Classes start September 4.

I'm moving from the Denver area to Seattle to start my MS program in speech-language pathology. I'm driving, which will take 2-2.5 days depending on how cooperative my 100lb. dog decides to be on the trip.

I'm leaving on September 8th, arriving on the 9th or 10th, followed by orientation on the 21st and classes beginning Sept. 24th.

I moved August 3, and classes start August 22. I moved an hour from my campus, because I am already working in my field and have a job in another city. But, my orientation is on August 18, just a few days away!

I'm moving next weekend (so the 18th/19th) and have orientation starting on the 24th. It'll give me a few days to get used to big city suburb living.