NYU Cinema Studies

Miriam3303

Guest guest

I'm still waiting as well (for Ph.d.), but I'm willing to bet that those who were accepted have already been contacted.

The following message was posted on community.livejournal.com/who_got_in/

I don't know what to think.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed them today because I'm living abroad, and have moved twice since I applied (yeah, it's crazy). They very nicely said that they're still reviewing and it won't be for another week or "more."

Hope this helps somebody.

Guest guest
I was told that they don't call anyone. They mail out all notifications, at least that's what the office of grad admissions told me.

And someone yesterday posted to this site that they were called...

Perhaps "anyone" is a euphemism for "those who were not accepted."

Guest guest
Has anyone received a rejection?

Not yet, although I expect they were/will be sent out this week (the decisions must have been finalized late last week if they called people on Thursday and Friday).

Guest confused

I think the people who were called were maybe accepted to the PhD program? Does anyone have a grasp on that discrepancy?? I've been assuming that the only people who have been contacted are the PhD applicants, and that nothing has gone out yet for the Masters- am I wrong? I'm too much of a wimp to just call up the department.

I think the people who were called were maybe accepted to the PhD program? Does anyone have a grasp on that discrepancy?? I've been assuming that the only people who have been contacted are the PhD applicants, and that nothing has gone out yet for the Masters- am I wrong? I'm too much of a wimp to just call up the department.

I applied to the MA program. At this stage, I'm also way too wimpy to call. :)

Guest guest

I called -- a week ago and yesterday -- and spoke to two different people. i asked about the phd program each time. the guy a week ago said that those who are accepted would probably be called before the weekend. yesterday i asked if everyone who had been accepted had been called, and the lady answered with the somewhat confusing, "Letters will be mailed out on the first." I then asked if those accepted should expect notification by phone, and she said, "Not expect. No. I'd just wait for the letter." Maybe she's being kind. Or maybe no phone calls have been made at all. (I haven't found the post that claimed the call.) Or maybe they're calling potentials to gauge interest in enrolling, and after they've ruled at least some people out, they'll send out letters.

Who knows? I encourage everyone to call. The staff is very understanding. I guess if the school's going to wait this long to notify people, they should expect applicants to be a little anxious.