Acceptance Rates?

persimmony

I'm beginning to look into PhD programs for Molecular biology or Biochemistry, and I can't seem to find any info on acceptance rates for schools. Can anyone lead me to the right track? I'm particularly interested in UC Denver programs, but would also appreciate info on higher tier schools.

• 1 year later...

You may want to try this link to Peterson's Guide Online

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools/university-of-colorado-denver-school-of-medicine-biochemistry-and-molecular-genetics-program-000_10033305.aspx

Looks like UC Denver is 27% for the Biochem program. 

I hope this helps. 

You may want to try this link to Peterson's Guide Online

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools/university-of-colorado-denver-school-of-medicine-biochemistry-and-molecular-genetics-program-000_10033305.aspx

Looks like UC Denver is 27% for the Biochem program. 

I hope this helps.

That post was two years old. But, that is a site I wish I knew about when I was starting the application process.

some schools actually publish this information. The first school that comes to mind that I think does a very good job of giving you application statistics is Duke.

If you go HERE and select any program, then toward the bottom of the selected program's page you will see links for various statistics (application, placement, completion rate, etc.)

HERE is a direct link for the biochem stats page - looks like 17% (cumulative) were offered admission for the last cycle

On a different note, when my girlfriend was applying to clinical psych PhD programs a few years back, it was very common for these stats to be posted by the various schools. This doesn't seem to be the case with the life sciences and chemistry, based on what I've seen so far in my experience. This is either a product of variation in disciplines, or maybe the 'tier', or ranking, and of the programs (i.e. it may be that only the 'top tier' schools publish this type of info since they are the most competitive)

• 3 weeks later...