SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2013

Mike D.

i attended a workshop on sshrc. they said that for ma's historically they rewarded 95-99% of forwarded apps depending on the year, but for PhDs it was 55-65% depending on the year.

Wow, if this is true I am excited. I just got an email Tuesday stating my application was sent out to "SSHRC people" for further consideration. 

And I am an undergrad going into grad school. 

Any SSHRC MA applicants still waiting to hear back on whether their application has been forwarded to SSHRC? I haven't heard back from UofT and getting nervous.

Edited by bondette

How do the funds work for Canadian PhD students at US institutions? i imagine the school still administers the grant? 

no, it doesn't go through the school. the school registrar has to sign a form confirming you're registered, but technically you don't even ever have to tell your department. you send a form, they send you a big cheque. biggest cheque I'll probably ever get haha.

no, it doesn't go through the school. the school registrar has to sign a form confirming you're registered, but technically you don't even ever have to tell your department. you send a form, they send you a big cheque. biggest cheque I'll probably ever get haha.

Good to hear! Thanks so much. 

I heard back from U of T today about MA results. I spoke to the award officer yesterday and she said that the results should be out by today.

The results whether you received SSHRC or not already?

• 2 weeks later...

There is another thread going on this already. I have the same concern. My plan is, if I get a sshrc but don't get accepted to either of the schools I applied to I will contact those schools to see if they will reconsider, or if I am waitlisted if this might change where I am ranked on the waitlist. Hopefully that won't happen and I get accepted into the school I really want to get into!

If you have no school to take up your sshrc at come Sept. you forfeit your sshrc.

So, happily, I no longer have to worry about the scenario where I am lucky enough to get a SSHRC but unlucky enough to not get accepted into grad school (I previously posted under the screen name NicoleMc). I got into York! Whoot!

I'm hoping the delay in notifying direct applicants doesn't mean that the final award notifications are also delayed....