Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

In my letter of intent a clinical mental health counseling program...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tadams25

tadams25

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTwinsburg, Ohio
  • Program:Clinical Psychology

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I am writing my letter of intent to a particular school of interest to me. They basically tell you to submit a letter of intent (400-600) words which go over career objectives and goals. I am briefly giving a background of my undergraduate work, explaining how I'll incorporate it into my graduate studies and prospective career. The master's program describes itself as being "broad-based education." I particularly have a keen interest in the psychodynamic theory and treatment of, primarily, adults, which I feel is relevant (and honest) to write in my letter of intent, given that they are, in fact, interested in my future goals and objectives...I just worry, however, that a lot of graduate schools not necessarily reject this theory, but don't typically condone it. Not that I am ashamed of my interests, but I wonder if it's relevant to inform?

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users