Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

UIUC Leep vs. On Campus??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sir Frankie Crisp

Sir Frankie Crisp

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Application Season:Not Applicable

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

I am planning to apply to UIUC's GSLIS program for Fall 2013. I currently live in Urbana-Champaign (my partner is enrolled in U of I's literature program) and I would prefer to attend the on campus program. However, I am concerned that the on campus program may be more competitive than the LEEP program and I have to wait an entire year to apply to LEEP if I am rejected from the on campus program. Does anyone have any insight as to the acceptance rate differences between the two? I am confident about my SOP and interview essay and I have information science experience and currently work at a library. However, I am worried about my undergraduate transcript. Do I have a better chance with LEEP than with on campus?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users