FALL 2013 APPLICANTS!

Guest lefilsdhomme

• 5 weeks later...

Coordinating images pages for six different versions of the same writing sample is driving me up the wall.

I feel you. Figuring out how to shrink the image pages for my multiple writing samples so that they would upload nearly sent me to an institution.

I'm so jealous that you're all done, Bearcat. I'm still editing my writing sample...

If it makes you feel better, the sense of relief lasted about 24 hours and now I'm in Super Anxiety Waiting Mode for the next three (four?) months. I almost wish I'd dragged the apps out longer. :unsure:

Guest lefilsdhomme

If it makes you feel better, the sense of relief lasted about 24 hours and now I'm in Super Anxiety Waiting Mode for the next three (four?) months. I almost wish I'd dragged the apps out longer. :unsure:

I feel like I'm dragging these out. I'll read my documents one hour and think they're complete, then sit and make sentence structure or semantic changes for another two hours... I'm just ready to start receiving my flood of acceptance letters in February ;).

In an aside rant, UCLA why is your SOP approximately 400 words!? That's outrageous.

I feel like I'm dragging these out. I'll read my documents one hour and think they're complete, then sit and make sentence structure or semantic changes for another two hours... I'm just ready to start receiving my flood of acceptance letters in February ;).

In an aside rant, UCLA why is your SOP approximately 400 words!? That's outrageous.

I wish there was some kind of option to go into a medically induced coma until I get my first acceptance. I made up fake deadlines for myself to keep from quintuple guessing everything. Once I had completed a draft of an SoP or writing sample and gotten approval from two faculty mentors, I allowed myself three days to finalize it and be done. then no more tweaking or re-reading. I also used fake application deadlines so I didn't have to keep track of nine individual dates. I think it helped...at least a little.

And 400 words?!???!!??? My smallest was 500 and I almost decided against applying there because of it. I agree: outrageous.

Guest lefilsdhomme

Is anyone in the inter-sphere applying to Stanford's art history program? I successfully submitted my application a few days ago, but when I log into my account to view their "check list" it says that my application status is incomplete and now no one in administration will pick up the phone... blarg.

Is anyone in the inter-sphere applying to Stanford's art history program? I successfully submitted my application a few days ago, but when I log into my account to view their "check list" it says that my application status is incomplete and now no one in administration will pick up the phone... blarg.

Have all your writers submitted your LORs? The application will read "Incomplete" until EVERYTHING is done, not just the stuff on your end. And that includes them entering any transcripts or official GRE scores (even if you've sent them and they've been sitting there for weeks, they have to be matched to your submitted app). I'm not applying to Stanford, so I don't know what is required, but I already had the same freak out on another program's DGS, and as my writers submit their letters, everything is showing up as "Complete."

Guest lefilsdhomme

Have all your writers submitted your LORs? The application will read "Incomplete" until EVERYTHING is done, not just the stuff on your end. And that includes them entering any transcripts or official GRE scores (even if you've sent them and they've been sitting there for weeks, they have to be matched to your submitted app). I'm not applying to Stanford, so I don't know what is required, but I already had the same freak out on another program's DGS, and as my writers submit their letters, everything is showing up as "Complete."

I have a feeling that they may not have processed my GRE score report yet. That would explain things, because otherwise everything is complete (all LORs were miraculously on time and everything possible was attached in the online app). Thanks for the opinion it eases my mine a little.

Guest lefilsdhomme

Where are you logging in? When I try to get back to application, which I submitted on Friday, it says:

Access Denied

You may submit only one application for admission to graduate study per academic year.

I will PM you the link when I am in front of my personal computer, but when you submit the Stanford App it gave you a link after payment and said to book mark it...

Guest lefilsdhomme

I took a screenshot of the whole thing and then promptly forgot about it because TGIF etc. I just tracked it down - thank you!

I'm incomplete, too. No official GRE scores, but they're in - just need to be matched to my app. Safety in incomplete numbers.

C'est le bordel! What a relief I'm not the only one. I am so anal retentive this is getting out of hand...

Guest lefilsdhomme

Hey y'all, I finally finished these applications that I've been working on for six months!

divine+female+trouble+2.gif

Now we play the waiting game...

Edit: I guess it was a little rude not to wish the rest of you all good luck. Good luck!

Edited by lefilsdhomme

• 4 weeks later...

Also crazy. I'm trying to schedule every minute of my day so that I don't have time to think about how crazy. I created a syllabus for the language workbooks I'm trying to get through, with assignments and deadlines. If we can just make it through the next three and a half weeks, we'll hear something...right?!?!?

Also crazy. I'm trying to schedule every minute of my day so that I don't have time to think about how crazy. I created a syllabus for the language workbooks I'm trying to get through, with assignments and deadlines. If we can just make it through the next three and a half weeks, we'll hear something...right?!?!?

That is such a good idea. I really need to keep working on my languages!

Guest lefilsdhomme

Since the art history forums are so quiet, shall we assume that the five or so of us are the only applicants and that we'll have our pick of programs?!?!!!

I sure as hell hope so.