Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2013

StructuralEngr88

For what it's worth, the MIT CEE department website says that notifications will be sent "Mid March through April 1"

So it may be to early to throw in the towel just yet.

yeah..I havent check their website recently.

the email I got after they received all my application materials said that I will be notified of the descision no later than March 1st..

Maybe they figured they could not complete reviewing the material and postponed the date...

Has anyone tried emailing Kiley (undersigned in the email) regarding the March 1st deadline? It seems like the majority of the MIT MEng applicants have not heard back yet. Hopefully we don't all get rejections...

I hope you guys are right...because refreshing my email page is not fun while at work

You guys have such high hopes...i try to make myself think positively but i just have that strong feeling towards rejection.

I wouldn't be shock/surprise if they email us to check the website and boom...there it is...denied admission

Edited by StructuralEngr88

You're right; I see that now.

Well, that's pretty disappointing. I really figured I had a good shot at the M.Eng. program. 

Has anyone reported that they've been accepted to the High Performance Structures program? I'd be interested in seeing their stats.

Received an email with my acceptance letter to Stanford, dated February 22.

Congrats to the rest of you!! Hope to see you on visitation day.

are you planning to visit Stanford on Mar. 15th?

I really want to, I've emailed them asking if they reimburse any travel expenses. The flight for me is pretty expensive.

How about you?

Yes I will be there. The visiting day happens to be in our spring break week, and I was planning to go to CA for spring break with my friends anyway, so it works out pretty nicely. (I am an international students studying in the U.S. for undergraduate.)

Does anyone know when UIUC will be making admission decisions? 

I know their visit day was few weeks ago, but it doesn't appear they've sent out any notifications yet.

Does anyone know when UIUC will be making admission decisions? 

I know their visit day was few weeks ago, but it doesn't appear they've sent out any notifications yet.

As long as I know, the desicions will be sent out this month according to my faculty contact said.

Search the results page. It looks like a few have been accepted

Hi evolution786,

I wonder they are accepted in structural engineering or not. Are you applying to UT Austin as well? Thanks.

Hi evolution786,

I wonder they are accepted in structural engineering or not. Are you applying to UT Austin as well? Thanks.

I thought I saw some of the UTA admits say that they were structural, but I might be mistaken. I'm not applying to UTA but my buddy got accepted for a master's in structural. He actually just visited the campus this past weekend and said it was an incredible place and city. Best of luck!

For those of you who have visited "open houses" at campuses:

What did you do during the visit? If you met with professors, what did you talk about? Was it formal or more relaxed? 

I'm visiting UCSD next week and would like some guidance...