EdM programs - help deciding

Guest californiadreaming

Guest californiadreaming

I was accepted to Stanford and Harvard for their International Education programs (EdM), can't decide which to attend. SUSE is smaller, better location. HGSE is bigger, good name. I'm thinking SUSE, but perhaps I'll be giving up arguably a better network and more variety in courses. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeennn

Hi! I also applied for Intl. Ed. Haven't decided if to go to TC without funding or NYU with some funding.

Both of your choices are top schools, congrats on your admitts. Are you an international student? This would be something to consider before making a choice, for HGSE has a strong approach on internacional policy desing that me come in handy if you return to your country. What do you want to do after your studies? Wil you pursue a PhD? (Ed.D) I think both SUSE and HGSE have great networks, it all depends on your field. Have you spoken to fac members? What are your research interests? One of these programs surely is a better fit for your interests.

How about funding? Is that a problem?

I thought SUSE was bigger, kind of had the idea that Harvard had smaller groups.

Guest californiadreaming

The SUSE program expects around 22 people in the MA ICE this year, and harvard more around 40 or so I think. SUSE is at least 1/3 the size of HGSE. The small class sizes really appeal to me. I've heard there can be 80 people in the intro to stats class at hgse. :shock: '

HGSE had an important visiting professor at the program this year. This is so hard! Any progress on your end? Money is huge when you live in NYC. It's an expensive city. I've heard the Admin at Columbia in general is terrible. I don't know much about the TC program.

Guest GradEdStudent

Hi-

Just as a heads up, I was in the HGSE EdM program a few years ago. My intro to stats class was only about 20 people. Professor Tivnan was one of the best professors I've ever had.

Only a few classes are really large-- and those are the ones with TF sections. You will get a feel for the class size during shopping period.

Congrats!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use