Need help figuring out a phone call I just had with a POI!

nutmehg

So I just got off the phone with a potential POI- I think it went well but I'm not sure. So it basically started off with him asking me about potential projects I would like to work on, my interests etc. It only lasted about 10 minutes- we talked a bit about projects his students have worked on, he said he will email me an interesting paper that just came out, and told me to keep thinking of ideas for potential projects. He also asked me if I could visit so we can talk face to face after the holidays- I am in New England while the POI is in Canada so it would require some travel, I hesitated at first and just said sure I'll just have to look into making travel plans. The application isn't until march so he said that we should keep the conversation going through email and keep sending him project ideas.

What do you guys think? I really need some feedback! He was definitely the most engaging and nice POI I have contacted thus far. Thanks!

I would go visit if at all possible, especially since he raised that possibility... I met with 3 different POI's face-to-face after talking on the phone with them, I think it helps a lot!

Edited by iowaguy