2013 Applications

If UCI sent out their acceptance letters today I guess that means I didn't get in because I didn't hear anything :( Congrats to PhDreams though.

Do schools normally send out rejection letters too? Or are you just to assume that you've been rejected when you don't hear anything?

If UCI sent out their acceptance letters today I guess that means I didn't get in because I didn't hear anything :( Congrats to PhDreams though.

Do schools normally send out rejection letters too? Or are you just to assume that you've been rejected when you don't hear anything?

Aww thanks. I've had different experiences. I already was rejected from UCLA and I thought that it was really early to receive something from them. However, I didn't get an interview from NYU yesterday so I basically decided I didn't get in. Some programs are pretty uniform in the way they inform- acceptances first and then rejections. Sometimes waitlists are left in limbo. Some programs dont have waitlists. In short, I think it's hard to say unless you look at the results page to make an educated guess about the patterns you see.

PhDreams please confirm, but it was a phone call, followed by an informal email, not a letter.

Phone call (voice mail) from the Department Chair congratulating me on my acceptance. Followed by email reiterating facts from the vm and asking to schedule a time to speak.

Still walking on clouds!

Looking through the survey results (http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php), it does appear that UCI sends out rejection letters via regular postal mail. The survey results show that there were a couple rejection letters received last year on 20 Feb and 3 Mar. So it does appear that they stagger their acceptance/rejection notices somewhat. I guess I won't give up hope just yet :)

I just received an email from the graduate coordinator at UCI for a school visit in March. We were informed to confirm by this Monday. It seems like that might mean that all invites were sent out. :(

I just received an email from the graduate coordinator at UCI for a school visit in March. We were informed to confirm by this Monday. It seems like that might mean that all invites were sent out. :(

UCI CLS applicants must not be on Grad Cafe, because I haven't seen any other acceptances around... 

I DID get an acceptance to another program today that I was equally hoping for, so that has helped ease my anxiety. Although I am still waiting to hear back from my top choice...

UCI CLS applicants must not be on Grad Cafe, because I haven't seen any other acceptances around... 

I DID get an acceptance to another program today that I was equally hoping for, so that has helped ease my anxiety. Although I am still waiting to hear back from my top choice...

Congrats on your acceptance!!!!!!!

Zsick, Did you post your acceptance? Congratulations, by the way.

I did, but it was for a sociology program. I generally applied to Crim programs that had a sociology emphasis and sociology programs that had a crim emphasis. 

I did, but it was for a sociology program. I generally applied to Crim programs that had a sociology emphasis and sociology programs that had a crim emphasis. 

I did the same thing but I went through Anthro and Am Studies. lol

What about you?

Sorry I kept checking back and nobody had replied so I forgot haha

I am applying for masters programs. American, Northeastern, UMD, Rutgers, SUNY Albany, Sam Houston, Missouri, CUNY, and ASU.

Hi politica,

Have you heard anything back from your programs. I was asked to interview for CUNY, SUNY-Albany and was admitted to Rutgers University. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard anything back yet.

Hi politica,

Have you heard anything back from your programs. I was asked to interview for CUNY, SUNY-Albany and was admitted to Rutgers University. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard anything back yet.

I haven't heard from them yet- are you applying phd or master's? CONGRATS! 

I just received an acceptance from American University this morning for their MS program in Justice, Law and Society!!

Edited by politica

I haven't heard from them yet- are you applying phd or master's? CONGRATS! 

I just received an acceptance from American University this morning for their MS program in Justice, Law and Society!!

Congrats! I'm an undergrad at AU and am also applying to the M.S. program. How long did it take for you to hear back? I only sent in my application a week ago before the February 1 deadline haha.