2013 Applications

I haven't heard from them yet- are you applying phd or master's? CONGRATS! 

I just received an acceptance from American University this morning for their MS program in Justice, Law and Society!!

I had submitted my application in November but my last letter of rec. went in on Jan 26th. I'm not sure if they looked at it earlier or only once the whole thing was submitted but I guess I got my decision really fast. I thought at first that it was a mistake. 

Do you like American?? 

I got into SUNY Albany Phd Yesterday.

Is anyone on here applying to Penn for Criminology and if so have you heard anything, interview etc. They do not publicize much on their cite.

I had submitted my application in November but my last letter of rec. went in on Jan 26th. I'm not sure if they looked at it earlier or only once the whole thing was submitted but I guess I got my decision really fast. I thought at first that it was a mistake. 

Do you like American?? 

American is pretty sweet. Great faculty and location.

Is anyone on here applying to Penn for Criminology and if so have you heard anything, interview etc. They do not publicize much on their cite.

I saw a rejection for the program this morning on the boards...

Made that inquiry on 2/1. Response: Our Admissions Committee has selected a group of students that it is recommending for admission, and those students have been notified. I was not given a waiting list this year, however, I have not yet been instructed to notify applicants that they have not been accepted. It may be a couple of weeks before all decisions have been made. We will let you know your final status as soon as possible.

Congrats mslangil, that is great to hear!!!

Today I got Accepted into Northeastern's PhD Program fully funded!

They are asking that I confirm or deny my offer by March 8 which seems pretty soon to me. I always thought schools had to wait until April 15th.

I just got accepted to George Mason's M.A. program in Criminology! Still waiting on UMD, American, Northeastern, FSU, and USF.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats mslangil, that is great to hear!!!

Today I got Accepted into Northeastern's PhD Program fully funded!

They are asking that I confirm or deny my offer by March 8 which seems pretty soon to me. I always thought schools had to wait until April 15th.

I got an offer like that too. I really do think that is super soon especially if you havent gotten to visit yet. Ask your POI if that is a hard and fast rule in your dept. Maybe its not... I'll cross my fingers for you and..... CONGRATS!!!!!

I agree especially since I am still waiting to hear from other schools and have still visit the schools I was accepted to (SUNY Albany, Rutgers etc.)

It seems very soon to expect an answer like that for a 3-5 year commitment. Do you suggest I ask the POI about extending the date?

Made that inquiry on 2/1. Response: Our Admissions Committee has selected a group of students that it is recommending for admission, and those students have been notified. I was not given a waiting list this year, however, I have not yet been instructed to notify applicants that they have not been accepted. It may be a couple of weeks before all decisions have been made. We will let you know your final status as soon as possible.

That's a rough email to swallow :/. Sheesh.

I didn't feel taken aback at all. I thought it was pleasant and respectful. The door isn't closed, however it is clear that I was not in the first round of acceptances like PhDreams was. Everything is information that helps lead to a decision in the end, once all options are clear.

I didn't feel taken aback at all. I thought it was pleasant and respectful. The door isn't closed, however it is clear that I was not in the first round of acceptances like PhDreams was. Everything is information that helps lead to a decision in the end, once all options are clear.

I'll keep everyone posted. Visits are in 3 weeks. If I hear anything, I'll be sure to share. Good luck to everyone- it's not over yet!!  And congrats to all on the acceptances!

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard from UMD yet?

Did you apply for a master's or phd? They told me the masters decisions would be coming out in March. 

Also, just got in to John Jay for my master's! Having to make this decision between schools will not be fun.