PhD in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research Fall 2013

shiraziaseel

There are some explanations HERE if you scroll down to March 2010. Though it may be wrong. 

Thank you for your reply. But I saw 4 applicants that had received their acceptance via postal service !

In the other words, these applicants first had seen a notification in the status checking as  "Decision Completed" like me and after that had received their decision later via postal service.

As a matter of fact I had seen before the link you provided but I wanted to see if someone has any direct experience.

Thank you for your reply. But I saw 4 applicants that had received their acceptance via postal service !

In the other words, these applicants first had seen a notification in the status checking as  "Decision Completed" like me and after that had received their decision later via postal service.

As a matter of fact I had seen before the link you provided but I wanted to see if someone has any direct experience.

Yeah I noticed too and that's the problem with the result section here :( unreliable ...

Behnam,

I, too, saw the same status for my Georgia Tech application. Apparently all who applied for F11 and F12 (and posted results here) received decision notification by e-mail rather than by postal mail. So, hopefully, this will not be an issue!

If I may ask, what specialization did you apply to?

Behnam,

I, too, saw the same status for my Georgia Tech application. Apparently all who applied for F11 and F12 (and posted results here) received decision notification by e-mail rather than by postal mail. So, hopefully, this will not be an issue!

If I may ask, what specialization did you apply to?

Hello,

Manufacturing was my first choice.

I applied for supply chain engineering... is that what you mean? Manufacturing is listed as a research area but not a PhD specialization, if that makes any sense.

I applied for Advanced Manufacturing as my Areas of Concentration (First Choice) and for Supply Chain and Logistics as the Second Choice. I checked these again.

Thanks! I'm quite relaxed since I got the acceptance, especially since Columbia and UCLA had given interviews to a few applicants (posted in the survey) and I hadn't received any emails for interview.

Not receiving an interview means rejection? In the other words can someone be admitted without being interviewed?

Not receiving an interview means rejection? In the other words can someone be admitted without being interviewed?

I'm not sure, I guess I'll find out once my decisions arrive! But I guess it does mean rejection, because the same ones that were interviewed posted acceptances a few days later, so I guess I'm not in the acceptance list. But I shouldn't draw conclusions too soon, I'll stay hopeful for UCLA!

Looks like the Columbia notices went out...

Not all of them, only half. The rest will be sent on Monday, and if you haven't received the email today saying that your application is still being processed, I guess that  you've been rejected (even though you will be notified only next week). I'm in this case too, which I don't particularly appreciate given my master's GPA at Columbia and the fact that I've been performing already several months of UNPAID research for them.

Any update for Master's applicant?  lol..

very anxious .. 

Master's applicants usually get the interview and results later than PhD applicant. Don't worry yet, you still have some time before the master's admissions are decided :)

True. Their recruitment weekend is in two weeks, and all invitations were sent out a week ago. 

Back in January, someone posted an invite to recruitment weekend. Not receiving such an email would be an early indicator of one's chances, I would think.

True. Their recruitment weekend is in two weeks, and all invitations were sent out a week ago. 

Talked with the UM PhD contact and he said that all applicants would be notified of their status by the end of the month.