DAAD 2013

viggosloof28

Can't...too chicken to call or email...I think it's bad voodoo to bug them about it.

I know. That's my line of reasoning too. I was trying to pass the buck to someone else. It seems as though last years applicants were also told they would hear at the end of March/April, but they ended up hearing back in early March.

Nerves, nerves, nerves.

it's the same for me as well (waiting for both, I mean). in recent years both the fulbright and daad had sent out their emails earlier... bleh.

Edited by Hanuta

No. I applied for a Fulbright last year and was given alternate candidate status, but at this point in my life I'm more concerned about doing graduate work and working towards building my career. I received notification from the Fulbright commission last year around the 26th or so.

Are you aware of how prestigious the DAAD scholarship is in Germany? I'm really not sure at all. Is it highly regarded? Do people know about it at all?

Just wondering. It's kind of difficult to find much info about it i've found.....not that i've looked overly hard.

Are you aware of how prestigious the DAAD scholarship is in Germany? I'm really not sure at all. Is it highly regarded? Do people know about it at all?   Just wondering. It's kind of difficult to find much info about it i've found.....not that i've looked overly hard.
From what I've heard, within Germany it's pretty prestigious. So you if you plan on staying in Germany or maintaining a close connection with Germany, it's a fantastic alternative to the Fulbright. Unfortunately, it doesn't have as much international recognition though.

Hey all. I also applied for both a Fulbright Full Grant and DAAD scholarship this year.  Seems as though if we don't hear back from either by Friday, I am going to have to pour myself a stiff drink to deal with my anxiety over the weekend. 

Best of luck to all of you!

Hello all,

Am also waiting to hear back about a study scholarship. I applied for a Fulbright last year, was awarded alternate status (which was heartbreaking) and so I applied for a DAAD this year. Am hoping to do a comparative study of Medieval English and German literature at the Freie Uni Berlin. Best of luck to everyone.

Hey Gawain! If I get the scholarship I will be at the Freie Uni, as well. Just studying something quite different: Biochemistry. 

Hey all. I also applied for both a Fulbright Full Grant and DAAD scholarship this year.  Seems as though if we don't hear back from either by Friday, I am going to have to pour myself a stiff drink to deal with my anxiety over the weekend. 

Best of luck to all of you!

You won't be drinking alone! ;)

I only applied for the DAAD scholarship and am hoping to study German Linguistics at a master's level. I feel like waiting to find out is stopping me from being productive with getting all of my university application materials together. At this point, I would just like to know one way or the other. Give it to me straight, Doc! This being stuck in limbo nonsense is not for me...

• Me

Any news on the DAAD study scholarship announcement front 

I'm on pins and needles!

• 41598_105346793835_8336_q.jpg
    2:56pm

DAAD North America

Hi Paul, 

I can imagine!! You will hear by the end of March. The office in NYC is just waiting for the stamps of approval from Bonn. You'll hear either way within the next 2.5 weeks... Sorry I can't say its sooner!

Best from San Francisco,

Leslie

From facebook chat.

Maybe there was an increase in the number of applications this year causing a longer response time. Yay for more waiting.

Or maybe there was too few applicants and they are deciding how much bonus money to give us.

I have no clue how many applicants there generally are or how many grants are available to be honest.

2 more weeks waiting? na Ja!,was kann man da schon machen? I hope Bonn will give the Stamps of approval before the week- end ,so that the winner will ''besaufen sie sich" over the week-end. It seems to me as more and more people are applying to the study and research grant of the DAAD and our chances are getting fewer.

Ich wuensche alle Bewerber viel Glueck mitgerechnet mir auch!

Bleiben wir alle tapfer!!

I know right? At least with other scholarships (the Fulbright) we know that we made the first round or not. Here it's just....turn in your application....wait 5 months......and then BAM! Yes or no.

Hi everyone!

Maybe some of you may have an idea about this: one of my friends who also studied in Germany has applied for the same program as I did and he is so worrying about not getting it. So, I told him that i will ask here if someone knows better. He has a Diplom from a german university (with GUT), 4 years full time experience and 3 publications. He also has a letter of invitation from a german Professor to do research ( something i do not have).I told him to remain calm and that he has very good chance to get the Grant.  So, what do you guys think?