Boston University

vatn

Hey, everyone. Is anyone else looking at Boston University? I am seriously considering BU for a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering. Boston seems like a great place to live and I'm really excited about the prospect of moving there.

Guest deepaksoni

This is Ankita, Manu must have spoken about me . I have done my Masters in Social Work from India. Currently I am living in New Haven with my spouse.

I have been accepted to three MPH programs in Health Policy and Management. They are - Columbia, UMass, Boston University. and MSW program at Columbia, WUSTL, UPenn, Boston, NYU. I have a few questions regarding the choice between the two programs. Your advice would help me in making a decision.

How important is program ranking in this field?

Which school/course would you recommend among the above mentioned?

What are the job opportunities for people in health policy and management concentration as well as MSW?

How good are the job opportunities after an MPH and what are the challenges especially for an international student?

How intensive is the MPH program?

How was your MPH/MSW experience?

Does it matter if I donot have any science background?

In Boston I have the option of a dual degree in public health and social work. Would you recommend that? I may get a similar option at Columbia if I get admitted to the social work program.

What was your MPH specialization - was it health policy? If not will you be able to connect me with someone who had this concentration, especially at Columbia?

Regards,

Ankita

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use