How many of you have heard something back yet?

Nausicaa

I'm mainly just spinning my wheels here, but many applicants seem to have been contacted already. I'm applying for social psych PhD programs and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm not sure if I should freak out and start applying for internships or if I just need to keep waiting.

So have you heard anything yet, and what programs are you applying to?

I haven't heard anything official...was contacted by a prof from one program, but that's it. I'm applying to human development/family studies/whatever else you want to call it.

A bunch of programs officially come back from winter break tomorrow, so that's probably why a bunch of us haven't heard much.

I haven't heard a thing.  The earliest I can expect to hear anything is in about thirteen days...not that I'm counting, or anything.  Although, theoretically, I already have a few auditions and interviews set up.  I'm applying to four directing programs and two acting programs.  Three of those six schedule a guaranteed audition.  I've already scheduled those for the end of January, and then I'll have to wait to see if I get a callback/second interview.  So that leaves me anxiously waiting for word from three programs...hoping I can snag even just one interview.

Seems most people won't start hearing anything until mid-to-late January, or possibly early February.  Oi.

As one of the "science folks" I was been fortunate enough to hear back from two programs for a PhD in Chemistry before the winter break. It's still quite early though so I am as anxious as anyone to hear back from my top choices, but there is a certain peace of mind knowing I will have some options to choose from come April.

Hang in there, you'll hear back soon!

Edited by Faraday

As one of the "science folks" I have been fortunate enough to hear back from two programs for a PhD in Chemistry (Organic). It's still quite early though so I am as anxious as anyone to hear back from my top choices, but there is a certain peace of mind knowing I will have some options to choose from come April.

So have you already been accepted?  Or have you gotten interviews?

So have you already been accepted? Or have you gotten interviews?

Yes, I was accepted to two schools. Chemistry programs typically do not conduct interviews. If you take a look at the Chemistry forum you can see there are a lot of folks who have already heard back from schools.

Edited by Faraday

I've gotten several emails from my POI at one of my top choice programs, but nothing official yet. Hoping to hear something by the end of January, or early February! This wait is driving me bonkers! :-S

Yes, I was accepted to two schools. Chemistry programs typically do not conduct interviews. If you take a look at the Chemistry forum you can see there are a lot of folks who have already heard back from schools.

Congratulations!  I wish theatre programs would take a page out of the Chemistry book.  But they prefer to drive us insane...it's a good thing we've been prepped for rejection throughout our lives...

Look forward to hearing where you decide to settle down for this coming fall!

Congratulations!  I wish theatre programs would take a page out of the Chemistry book.  But they prefer to drive us insane...it's a good thing we've been prepped for rejection throughout our lives...

Look forward to hearing where you decide to settle down for this coming fall!

Thanks! Don't sweat it, you'll hear back soon enough and hopefully the feeling of getting accepted will be well worth the wait!

I applied to 10 programs, and have recieved an interview invite from one. I had a skype interview before the holidays with my POI, and then on New Years I was contacted by my second POI at that school. I know thought that the programs hasn't yet spoken to everyone they were interested in, and I haven't heard yet from any other programs.

I applied to 16 programs at 14 schools, and have two interviews. I haven't heard back from two of the Dec 1 deadlines, and 1 of the Dec 15 deadlines. The rest were Dec 31st or later, and I was still completing apps right up to the 30th.

As one of the "science folks" I was been fortunate enough to hear back from two programs for a PhD in Chemistry before the winter break. It's still quite early though so I am as anxious as anyone to hear back from my top choices, but there is a certain peace of mind knowing I will have some options to choose from come April.

Congratulations!

I applied to 10 programs, and have recieved an interview invite from one. I had a skype interview before the holidays with my POI, and then on New Years I was contacted by my second POI at that school. I know thought that the programs hasn't yet spoken to everyone they were interested in, and I haven't heard yet from any other programs.

Are you doing just general psych? If I might ask, which programs contacted you so far?

I've applied to six programs so far. I heard back from one (which had a December 1st deadline)... but it was a rejection. I'm fairly certain I'm going to get a rejection from Cornell as well (which was also Dec 1st), but I don't expect that until March based on the results. I don't expect to hear from Pittsburgh or Syracuse until the end of the month or even the beginning of February, and there are zero results for the programs at Penn State and Drexel, so I have no idea about those.

One of my application reviewers has emailed me asking if I have interests in either of two ongoing research projects that he is directing. He mentioned that he could be willing to work with me to formulate a new project intersecting music and creative work (My ideal project is intersection computer science and music therapy).

It's from one of my top schools, but I don't really know what it means.

Do most applicants get this sort of email?

One of my application reviewers has emailed me asking if I have interests in either of two ongoing research projects that he is directing. He mentioned that he could be willing to work with me to formulate a new project intersecting music and creative work (My ideal project is intersection computer science and music therapy).

No surely not (at least I haven't)-- it sounds like a great sign :)

Definitely not - think about what a waste of time/resources it would be for a professor to contact folks he wasn't seriously considering.  Congrats! I hope it pans out!

I applied to 6 schools. Haven't heard anything yet.

I'm waiting for next week, when I should be contacted if I'm a semifinalist for a fellowship. If I'm contacted I'll know things are going well, if not... oh well...

On 1/8/2013 at 2:13 PM, anatotitan said:

Well, I got invited to interview at MIT today. I got rejected by Washington University in St. Louis.

Congrats on the interview. It seems like a LOT of people got rejected from Washington University in St. Louis this week (myself included).