2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Lets use this thread as the official reporting one. As Willows suggests and tradition dictates, we can say where we did/didn't get in and any stats we're comfortable sharing.

A lot more results posted in other threads than here... Seen ones for visit days and/or acceptances for Rice, OSU, Notre Dame and Minnesota... None of my schools but congrats to everyone who is getting some great news!

Also accepted to U of Washington today! If anyone needs some inspiration, I had a sub 3.0 GPA as an undergrad, worked my ass off for a master's degree (4.0, worked with distinguished professors, independent research, etc.), V 164 Q 161 and I did it! 

That's really awesome, even though I'm a little bitter because I also applied to Washington, that's a pretty great story.  Wow, getting into a top 20 program with a sub 3.0 UG GPA, that's seriously really cool, congrats.

I can scratch Emory off my list, since it turns out that 2 recommenders did not submit letters even after being reminded.  Not uncommon, it seems.  Fortunately, I did not anticipate going there.

I wish the best to you all  :) and congratulations to those who have acceptances so far!

Rough - hope it has worked out with the rest of your applications! 

GRE, let's not talk about that.  Undergrad 3.95.  Grad 4.0.  Haven't heard anything back from the ONE place I applied.  I have a good feeling though.  I hope to report good news soon.  Congrats to all that have heard!

Accepted at Penn State!

Nice! I see that's two solid acceptances for you. Kudos.

Out of curiousity, how did they contact you? Because one of the faculty is supposed to call me tomorrow.

Edited by blixx008

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Do you guys think they notified everyone that was admitted to penn state? I applied there and heard nothing and now I'm starting to worry... what do you guys think?