PhD Program Decisions?

ashsw

It looks like there is one acceptance for BC posted on the results board. I hope that it is you or that you hear positive things soon!

Congrats for your scholarship!

The BC posting is not me.

There are one acceptace and one interview offer on the board.

Hope to hear back from BC soon. Thanks!

Edited by applicant2013fall

Hey everyone,

So as i mentioned before, i received an e-mail from my top choice PhD program stating that i was wait listed, however, i applied for the early consideration deadline. The early consideration deadline guarantees students considered for funding. What i don't understand is how did i get wait listed before the regular application deadline (Feb. 15th)? Here is the actual email:

Dear [name]:

Thank you for your application to the doctoral program at the [school]. We had a large number of applications this year and many were very strong. Typically, we offer admission to less than 20% of those who apply. After we complete the first round of admissions, we establish a waiting list for a small number of qualified applicants who are not selected in the first round. Your application is among those now on the waiting list. 

If some of those to whom we are now offering admission decide not to enter the program, or if some who have accepted subsequently withdraw, we will offer their slots to persons on the waiting list. Several slots opened last year in this way. We will know by the end of April whether we will be able to offer you admission from the waitinglist.

If you decide to withdraw from the waiting list during this period, please notify me. Please feel free to stay in touch with me by email during this time. Should you not ultimately be offered a place this year, you may wish to reapply for the following year, since your application was seen by the committee as having significant strength.

Sincerely,

[Dean]

Again, how is it possible for me to be wait listed if the regular deadline folks have not been considered for admission?

Hey~

Has anyone heard something from UChicago or UMich?

I applied for their MSW/PhD program and haven't got any news yet. Soooooo anxious!

I wrote an email to UChicago and got their reply on Feb. 9 said that they will release the results in two weeks...

Hate all these endless waiting...

Hope all of us is having good news soon!

@SimonettaSeeker  I just received their email said that I was rejected to the PhD program. However they give me an opportunity for their master program. Since I'm an undergraduate, it still a good news.

Thanks for the blessing!

Hope you can get good news soon!!

Hey~

Has anyone heard something from UChicago or UMich?

I applied for their MSW/PhD program and haven't got any news yet. Soooooo anxious!

I wrote an email to UChicago and got their reply on Feb. 9 said that they will release the results in two weeks...

Hate all these endless waiting...

Hope all of us is having good news soon!

I saw the result posted for UMich on the survey today.

It said that UMich already sent the acceptance letter for PhD Joint degree in Social work and social science.

Have you seen it?

I think I am losing hope for UMich PhD.

I saw the result posted for UMich on the survey today.

It said that UMich already sent the acceptance letter for PhD Joint degree in Social work and social science.

Have you seen it?

I think I am losing hope for UMich PhD.

Ah.....

It sounds like a bad news...T^T...I wrote to them before and got the answer that they would release the results by March 1st via email.

Although I am also losing hope for the decision...

i feel like I am losing my mind. Having a full time and part time job does not help either. I work and then at every break I check results postings! And then feel frustrated when I hear nothing. I emailed my top school graduate assistant and its been 3 days and she has not responded..I just wish she would write a one line-would keep me going for another sometime-a concrete deadline helps no? Going craaaaazzzzzzy...how are you all doing?

^^ @Thomasd88 I know a good amount of PhD students at Arizona State. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you to one.

Oh that would be great! I've never been to AZ nor visited the campus. :-/

Also, I notice you applied to UW. Have you heard anything about your application?

I was rejected for the Phd from Umich, but they offered MSW degree. (I don't have a MSW)

I also was offered an Interview from Boston College. I have applied to the combined MSW/Phd degree. It's my first interview and I am so nervous. Have you had any experience in it?

Please help me!

Rejected for the Phd from UMich and accepted by the MSW program too!

However they haven't mentioned about the scholarship thing...Waiting for more information about this offer.

Rejected for the Phd from UMich and accepted by the MSW program too!

However they haven't mentioned about the scholarship thing...Waiting for more information about this offer.

@cat face

have you applied any special scholarship program?

I have applied global activities scholarship program and haven't heard about it.

@cat face

have you applied any special scholarship program?

I have applied global activities scholarship program and haven't heard about it.

Yes, I applied for the Child Welfare Scholarship program.

Haven't got any news about it either...