Has anyone heard back from Princeton or Cornell yet?

iwanttobelieve

Hi. I know that the faculty at Princeton selected a batch of applicants for interviews around Jan. 11. I don't know if there will be further invites, but if there are, they would certainly be within the next few days, since the joint interview date is approaching (unless they have a second interview date).

Like you I am waiting for a response from Cornell. If anybody has info, please let us know. (interview date, what you know about the decision process, etc.)  

I just called Princeton's psych department. The admissions person told me that the faculty are still reviewing applications for the social psych program and have not yet invited anybody. Interview invitations won't be extended before mid-February, so naizan's info probably refers to a different Ph.D. track.

I just called Princeton's psych department. The admissions person told me that the faculty are still reviewing applications for the social psych program and have not yet invited anybody. Interview invitations won't be extended before mid-February, so naizan's info probably refers to a different Ph.D. track.

That's strange... I was invited to interview on the 11th for the social area. Maybe there are two waves of interviews and the admissions person you talked to was talking about the second?

My application to Princeton is for cognitive, not social.

I had an informal interview with a POI at Cornell (Social).  He said that they are usually very slow relative to other programs, and he had no good idea when decisions will be made.  Apparently they have several faculty members on sabbatical and parental leave this semester, so the process may be even more slow than usual.  Good luck to everyone!

Double posting to share another update -- Cornell sent out invitations to their interview weekend yesterday.  No idea whether all of the invites are out.  Good luck to everyone!

I also applied to the cog program.  I haven't heard a peep!  I called admissions several times (yes, I'm embarrassed to say I did that).  Without asking my name they told me each time that they were not making decisions until March.  Ugh!  

But I called again yesterday and they said "oh, maybe those people had early decisions".  And then told me, again, that they weren't making decisions until March.  So, what qualifies someone as early decision?!  Yeesh!

I was just wondering what everyone's background/scores/gpa is?  I know it's nosey, but if I'm up against a bunch of candidates who each have 30 published works and a book on the way, then I will give up hope now!

Good luck everyone!

I emailed them today and got the response that they have done reviewing applications and are now in the process of sending out interviews... it sounds like they are not done sending them out yet. 

Anyway let us keep fingers crossed.

Are you talking about Cornell or Princeton?

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to the social psych program at Princeton. I emailed the psych department yesterday to update my application materials (to include a competitive fellowship I had won). They replied that "the application process is currently in progress. No final decisions will be made or announced until March 15, 2013."

Does this mean Princeton did/does not interview on campus? I mean, this would have been a good opportunity to tell me that if I hadn't been invited, I'm out. Rather, I was told that my file would be updated and the admissions committee informed of the good news. I know that there were two interviews posted on the notice board but those were for "Psychology" (not social psych) and might as well have been by phone and/or only for specific POIs.

I'm a bit puzzled what to make of this. Any info would be much appreciated!