Smith MSW Early Acceptance

Emlee13256

Hey everyone,

I applied to Smith MSW early acceptance and everything was due January 5.  I know it's too early to think that they will get back to me soon, but just in case, has any one else applied and have they heard?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed someone in admissions who told me that they will begin mailing out the decision letters "by the end of the week" and that "applicants may expect to receive their letters by the second week in february" so I'm not sure if it will come this week or next, just heads up!

Congratulations ljaffe & olathe!

I am curious if you guys got any funding? You don't need to reveal actual amounts (unless you are okay with it). I am just wondering how generous they were with funding this year.

Like I said, I did not receive any funding and am really struggling with justifying the cost of paying full tuition and living expenses (even though I love Smith!), especially because I applied to other schools, including a really good in-state msw program that would be half the tuition. 

Agh...decisions!

I did not get any funding but I didn't apply for financial aid through them, I was hoping for a merit-based scholarship and I did not receive one :( But, I love the program so might look to outside sources!

I found Smith to be pretty generous.  Of course I would much prefer a free ride :) but I feel any assistance is a gift in a MSW program.  There is another program in the area that is upwards of $53,000 with no support whatsoever, just student loans and is nowhere near the reputation of Smith.

• 1 year later...

I applied early decision and had an interview 2 weeks ago. Waiting patiently for that letter to arrive : )

I wasn't interviewed; I hope that isn't a standard procedure for all admitted students. Do you know if that is the case? The letter should be arriving any day now... Good luck!

Me too! Are any of you thinking through the costs of Smith? Is it worth it to you considering how little MSWs make? I'm trying to decide where to go, partly based on what kind of loan burden I can handle; I would be 40K in debt after Smith.

If you're one of those lucky people whose parents can pay for things, dont let me know, I will be jealous. ;-)