What should I expect at upcoming visit day event?

Angulimala

I ended up leaving them all in for my visit to Notre Dame! Thinking I may just do the same for the rest of my visits, didn't seem like it hurt my chances at ND. But we will see what happens haha

Awesome. I hope Rory and Bill were good to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really related to the topic, but is there a dress code for visiting days in general?  For guys, should we bring a suite?  What would be the dress code for the different types of events there are (i.e. workshops, one-on-one with professors, dinners, etc).  Thanks! 

Not really related to the topic, but is there a dress code for visiting days in general?  For guys, should we bring a suite?  What would be the dress code for the different types of events there are (i.e. workshops, one-on-one with professors, dinners, etc).  Thanks! 

Guys seem to wear nice jeans or khakis with a dress/polo shirt.  I think a suit or a tie is overdoing it, but anything less is good.  Visits are generally pretty casual, from my experience and what I've heard from others.  I am female, and I wore dark jeans with a nicer shirt and cardigan.  

I was told business casual but was actually overdressed on the first day of my first visit (nice button-down and khakis). By the last day of my final visit I was in jeans and a T-shirt. Generally people seemed to be dressed in nicer casual clothing.

I was told business casual but was actually overdressed on the first day of my first visit (nice button-down and khakis). By the last day of my final visit I was in jeans and a T-shirt. Generally people seemed to be dressed in nicer casual clothing.

Yeah I was told the same. I ended up wearing what was the most comfortable for me. If you've been accepted into the program don't worry too much about it. That's what the grad students told me at least. If you're in be yourself :]