Cornell '09?

IRdreams

I've sort of given up on on-campus housing. I'm looking at Novarr-Mackesey properties and they seem really nice. I've found some relatively good deals on two-bedroom apartments (the one-bedroom apartments they have left are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion). If you're interested in going in on an apartment in the downtown area, message me and we can talk about details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Is anyone entering in the Spring 2010? I live in a wonderful house with three other grad student girls. One of my roommates is getting married in the spring, so we need to find a tenant. If you have fall housing secured but still are looking for someplace in the spring, or are entering in the spring, please PM me. My house is absolutely wonderful, fully furnished/equipped, and we have the best location ever! THanks, J

I don't think we would meet our roommates until moving in, unless you happened to be visiting at the same time prior to that. I received my netid (via postal mail) within a week or so of accepting Cornell's offer back before April 15, if you are an international student it seems to take much longer. If there are any current/former students around- could any of you give us a rough estimate of your monthly living expenses in Ithaca?

• 3 weeks later...

This thread's been dead for a few weeks, but I figured I'd revive it. Curious how you all are doing finding housing and the like. I found an apartment and I'm moving up July 1st, start TA training July 7th and will be doing research throughout the summer and continue through the school year.

I had the benefit of doing undergrad an hour away from Ithaca, so I drove over and scoped out several different apartment complexes from a single company.

I will wind up paying $760/month for a 710 square foot studio apartment 2 miles north of campus. Electric/heating will be ~$100/month. You can get much better rates if you look carefully and decide to live with a roommate. However, I really wanted my own apartment.

I can answer any questions about my apartment search etc. if you guys are still looking. My best advice is to constantly check Craigslist http://ithaca.craigslist.org

Anyone else going to be around for TA training at the beginning of July?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use