Canadian school applicants

bedmas

I'd say about a week or so... 

When I was wait-listed, I didn't find out until a week after because the university sent snail-mail, rather than an e-mail. 

Good luck!

You have said the awesome thing.

Their procedures are really slow that even a snail can give a world tour.

But apart from this I am really tensed and cant have my regular sleep which is hampering my daily chores and my performance is hampered in my job.  I am so worried I have cost a huge amount of money to apply to these schools and have so much expectation. I don't want my dreams to be shattered.  

I was accepted to the MA program in Sociology at UVic via email this evening. 2/2 for Canadian schools thus far, still leaning towards Oregon but an acceptance at Toronto would give me something serious to think about. 

I was accepted to the MA program in Sociology at UVic via email this evening. 2/2 for Canadian schools thus far, still leaning towards Oregon but an acceptance at Toronto would give me something serious to think about. 

congrats!

my applyyourself page for U Manitoba says "COMPLETE DEPARTMENT REVIEW"... this is terrifying.

I can't help but check my app status at Carleton every day - multiple times a day - hoping that "recommended for assessment" will turn into "accepted" - argh! frustrating! I don't like this waiting game - my spouse and I are wondering what's going to happen, because he'd leave his job and we'd move if I got in. 

Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance already! I'm jealous! lol

Schools are open during reading week! At least, mine is. They just cancel classes, but I believe profs are still in. Which is giving me hope that maybe if there aren't classes to teach, committees will have more time to make decisions and we'll start hearing a lot more...? 

Also, not totally sure about all schools, but I know some (SFU) are just finishing up reading week, and some have it in 2 weeks. 

This week is the Reading Week in Canada. The schools will be closed. I do no think that anyone will hear any news from Canadian Universities during this week.

Schools are most definitely open! Administrative staff and profs are usually still working --it's a working vacation for everyone. And actually, reading week varies from province to province. Most Ontario schools share this week as reading week, while others have next week off.

Also, I just thought I'd share that I've been accepted into two programs :) Still waiting to hear on funding and on two others, but I'm super excited!

Congratulations!!!  I hope you can spread some of that luck on those of us who are still waiting :D

Also, I just thought I'd share that I've been accepted into two programs :) Still waiting to hear on funding and on two others, but I'm super excited!

Congratulations!!!  I hope you can spread some of that luck on those of us who are still waiting :D

Thanks! And I'll do my best :) I was pretty dumbfounded to have been accepted this early in the game, myself, and it looks like (from the results page, but who can know with Canadian schools?) that no one else is really hearing back yet...I might be a fluke.

canadian schools seem to be slower this year than in past years, at least what i've seen from creeping the results page. at least, that's what i'm hoping. i convinced myself that, based on results from past years for one school (and not even from my program there...), I would hear on the 14th or 15th if I was accepted. If i didn't hear in those two days, then I would be rejected later on. well, i didn't hear from them, and now i'm not entirely sure where I got those two days from. Here's thinking/hoping I'll still get good news!

canadian schools seem to be slower this year than in past years, at least what i've seen from creeping the results page. at least, that's what i'm hoping. i convinced myself that, based on results from past years for one school (and not even from my program there...), I would hear on the 14th or 15th if I was accepted. If i didn't hear in those two days, then I would be rejected later on. well, i didn't hear from them, and now i'm not entirely sure where I got those two days from. Here's thinking/hoping I'll still get good news!

Yeah I didn't think I'd be hearing back until this week at the earliest--and even then, from a school I haven't heard from yet. From what I figured, I wouldn't be hearing back until mid-to-late March for some of my programs... evidently, the database is good for figuring stuff out loosely, but not great at generating an actual, proper estimate... It is, of course, also possible that you'll hear early this coming week as well, though. There isn't a huge difference as far as administration is concerned between a Friday and a Monday and they could have just pushed the date over a weekend. Hopefully?

Waiting is difficult when you are not 'already attending' like your profile states you are.  For a lot of people, this is a HUGE deal so instead of slamming people for 'freaking out', perhaps you could offer some empathy or at least offer some ideas on how to manage the wait.

ya stop freaking out people . like holy shit, get used to waiting a long time - it's a bureaucracy

I can appreciate your sentiment but it is important to remember that not everyone copes the same way.  For some, it is entirely unhelpful to say, 'stop freaking out' as it does not minimize the anxiety at all and may actually make them end up feeling worse.

MSW11, I am waiting for notifications like everyone else. With all the expression of panic, terror and suicidal thoughts, it is completely reasonable to suggest that people stop getting so worked about not hearing back when it is only the middle of February.

Edited by MSW13

Hello everyone, 

Has anyone heard from Psychology programs in Brock (developmental) or Ryerson ( psychological science)? 

Also, did someone apply to Western's educational psychology?

Waiting is definitely becomes harder and harder, for me it's especially because i'm an international student (well I hope to be), so I would really like to know if I will be leaving my country in a few moths! 

And on a more sentimental note- just reading through everybody's "freak-outs" really helps, since no one around me really know what I'm going through. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by Marina S

Congratulations to everyone with acceptances! I've been accepted to Waterloo for math and will probably attend (so excited!). Still waiting on McGill and McMaster though.

I'm still finishing up my undergrad this year and I had no idea how many options were out there when I started applying! I half-wish I had applied to more schools, but as my boyfriend pointed out, just applying for three was like a full time job on top of school. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations to everyone with acceptances! I've been accepted to Waterloo for math and will probably attend (so excited!). Still waiting on McGill and McMaster though.

I'm still finishing up my undergrad this year and I had no idea how many options were out there when I started applying! I half-wish I had applied to more schools, but as my boyfriend pointed out, just applying for three was like a full time job on top of school. 

Best of luck to everyone!

!!! Congrats! Waterloo for math, oh man. (also - have you ever noticed that people who aren't in math don't really get what's big about Waterloo? But those of us in math basically fawn over it [double bracket - I realize being in stats isn't strictly math, but same sentiment])

!!! Congrats! Waterloo for math, oh man. (also - have you ever noticed that people who aren't in math don't really get what's big about Waterloo? But those of us in math basically fawn over it [double bracket - I realize being in stats isn't strictly math, but same sentiment])

Thank you! My project is going to be in quantum information at IQC. I got the acceptance letter on Feb. 1, and the grad visit day isn't until the 28th. The button to accept the offer tempts me every day. :P 

Thank you! My project is going to be in quantum information at IQC. I got the acceptance letter on Feb. 1, and the grad visit day isn't until the 28th. The button to accept the offer tempts me every day. :P

Resist temptation!! I would check it out first. Maybe I'm only saying that because you might still get into McGill, and their campus is so beautiful that it would be enough to drag me away from waterloo (I say this as someone who is applying to neither school, haha).