FALL 2013 Art History Acceptance News

Bearcat1

I thought I'd start a new thread since some of the other ones have taken a nasty turn and I don't want to be involved with them. I anticipate that this week will be the start of big news for most of us, so I wanted a place to post it, ask questions, etc. Good luck to everyone, and fingers crossed for a big week with lots of (positive!) news. 

Guest lefilsdhomme

Having had my mind centered only on applying and getting in, I neglected to think through what happens afterward. For instance, what exactly happens during admitted students weekend? (read: how drunk can i really get at the dinner? :P ) What are expected conversation topics? Standard campus events? etc.

As of now, I'm just working on my ability to *~*sPaRkLe*~* in front of the faculty.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22562-1359395377-6.

Won't they send you an itinerary before you go? Then at least you'll know what's scheduled. And since it's not an interview, the topics will probably be more along the lines of a sales pitch to get you to come there. And not too drunk....until the faculty leave. ;)

Guest lefilsdhomme

I'm sure you're right and that a comprehensive itinerary will be sent, I'm just impatient and want everything RIGHT NOW.

And not too drunk....until the faculty leave. ;)

Amen to this a thousand times.

Edited by lefilsdhomme

Hey Lefils-

I applied to Northwestern as well, just wondering how you found out (i.e. email, view decision link on app, phone call etc.). I had some good news in an email from POI, but nothing solid. 

Congrats

Best,

Hi Sogni-UofC sends emails only, from what I hear.

Guest lefilsdhomme

HalFoster - I received a phone call from my POI in late January, then the official letter and an invitation to visit shortly thereafter.

The results board is showing rejections from Northwestern now, but I haven't heard anything since my interview other than a vaguely positive email from my POI. Time to wait and see (as though I weren't already doing that). 

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any information about UPenn?  I am finding it rather difficult to discern a notificaiton pattern from the results board.

To the person who was accepted by phone: Congratulations! Did you receive an official notice yet? 

Also, best of luck to the waitlist-ers!

First admit today! UNM Masters!

Congrats! I applied there too but haven't heard anything. Would you mind providing background info for me too? It's one of my top programs, and I am super anxious to hear back! 

Has anyone heard back from FSU? I was told that I would hear back around February 1 but haven't heard anything. 

Congrats to those of you who have gotten an acceptance offer from your schools! :)
I was curious, did anyone else apply to Emory? Have you heard anything? I know there aren't any hits on the results search from 2013 but I'm dying to know!

Hugh- a friend of mine in the dept at Penn said that offers were made last week. This is by no means official information, but I think that those of us who haven't heard from Penn yet won't. 

Edited by mrb1145

Hugh- a friend of mine in the dept at Penn said that offers were made last week. This is by no means official information, but I think that those of us who haven't heard from Penn yet won't. 

Thanks for sharing mrb!  That is what I figured.  There seemed to be some staggered admissions in the past, so I was hoping the posts on the results board weren't the official notifications just yet.  I guess it's time to cross Penn off my list!

I applied as well and I've heard nothing. I would expect that they might take longer to get back to us since the deadline was later than the others :)

Ah, good point! That makes me feel a bit better. I'm just glad to know someone else is in it for Emory. It's my number 1 so I've seriously got my fingers crossed! I adore that school. Do let me know if you hear anything! :)

Hugh10, have you heard anything official either way? I figured we'd receive an email at least. Maybe they're waiting on rejections though. 

Lamantin, no I have not receieved anything official.