MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

Good morning everyone,

I figured it would be best if we started a blog concerning California applicants. So has anyone heard back from any California Schools? If so, which ones? 

I applied to CSUN before priority deadline and others in the program told me they heard after a month. Feeling very anxious at not hearing anything I contacted Tiffany in the MSW office and she said everybody, regardless of when they applied, will hear in May. I'm so frustrated and getting crazy anxious!

Waiting on UCLA! I know they said they'd inform March 1st, but I read previous year's forums and people started finding out as early as February 25th. Anyone else applied to UCLA? So nervous!

Wow, that early!? For some reason I was expecting mid March.

UCB - will notify week of March 18.

Still waiting on CSULB, SDSU, SJSU.

SDSU - should receive letter sometime in March?

SJSU - I'm guessing May.

CSULB - their deadline was last week so I won't expect to hear from them anytime soon.

SFSU - heard back but only for Title IV-E program interview... does that mean I'm in? I thought they only interviewed after acceptance? No official letter yet....

That was the January 15th date? Are you doing VAC? How did they notify you? Sorry for so many questions- I only applied to USC and you're the first person that I know of to be accepted w/o advance standing.

The military subconcentration. I grew up in the military and am still a part of it as a service members spouse. I just feel this strong need to support future military families.

Congrats on retirement! I wouldn't mind doing a traditional program but we are about to PCS and the instability of the needs of the Navy is just too much. Thank you again for all the info & best of luck with your future endeavors!

Hello!

I applied to CSULA (turned in 1/15). CSULB (turned in 2/12/15). CSUDH ( turned in 2/14). I turned all my apps in the last minute. It's my first time applying, and I have been out of school for 6 years. I've have over 10 years experience of volunteer work and 6 years professional experience. I feel like I did we'll on my personal statement ( but I'm aware I can be way off). Problem is my overall GPA is only a 2.71. I don't meet the minimum requirment for any of the schools. Im now thirty, and didn't get diagnosed with ADHD (inatentive type) until last year. I was able to discuss my disability in my personal statement and talk about the positive changes I've made since being diagnosed. Unfortunately I haven't taken an college classes since graduating to Show I'm capable of doing well academically. I've been a case manager for 4 years and know without a doubt I am capable of succeeding in graduate school. But there is a chance all they will see is my GPA and pass me by. I feel proud I crossed a barrier in my life and applied for graduate school. I will say I won't ever give up and will keep trying if I don't get in anywhere.. Does anyone else on here have any disabilities and want to share their experience?

People who got accepted to the above schools. When did you apply?