MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

For anyone that has applied to UCLA: Does anyone know if after logging in to the online application for graduate admission, does the status change from application submitted, to application under review? Once the board starts reviewing it? Just wondering. I keep checking everyday for something, the waiting game is killing me!

I applied to CSULB CSUF and SDSU. Just got my acceptance letter to SDSU today but didn't hear from the other 2 yet.

Anyone else get into SDSU?

Also got into SDSU yesterday! Trying to think hard about whether I want to go there or stay in Texas and go to UT. What are you thinking?

Does anyone know how CSULB & CSUN lets you know if you are accepted- through an email, phone call, snail mail? Thanks!

I know that a few weeks ago, CSULB did a round of acceptances through e-mail.  I'm still waiting to hear back from both CSULB and CSUN.. Lets hope sooner rather than later..

When did you apply to CSULB and CSUN?

I applied to both in early January.  There was a mix up with some of the information I sent to both, so I had to resend some papers.. I believe they were received and cleared around January 10th.  The only school I have heard from is CSUF.. they accepted me after an interview.  I know CSUN does interviews as well, but who knows when they will start the process.  When did you apply?

I applied to both in early January. There was a mix up with some of the information I sent to both, so I had to resend some papers.. I believe they were received and cleared around January 10th. The only school I have heard from is CSUF.. they accepted me after an interview. I know CSUN does interviews as well, but who knows when they will start the process. When did you apply?

I applied to CSUN and CSULB the first week of January and there was also a mix up :/ I think they were cleared mid January. I've only heard from CSULA, they sent an acceptance letter around 1/16. Ughh waiting is killing me!!

I applied to CSUN and CSULB the first week of January and there was also a mix up :/ I think they were cleared mid January. I've only heard from CSULA, they sent an acceptance letter around 1/16. Ughh waiting is killing me!!

When do you have to let CSULA by?

Got into Cal State Fullerton (notified on Jan. 2), and Cal State Long Beach (Feb. 7). Still waiting to hear back from Cal State Dominguez Hills, and UCLA. Good luck, everyone.

Edited by ancientalien

Got into Cal State Fullerton (notified on Jan. 2), and Cal State Long Beach (Feb. 7). Still waiting to hear back from Cal State Dominguez Hills, and UCLA. Good luck, everyone.

Which one is your first choice?

Which one is your first choice?

UCLA would be nice, although I already have a hefty college loan to pay off, and some social workers have told me a degree from UCLA may not help me to find a job any faster (thankfully I have a few years of experience working in the field, and other relevant training). Wherever I go, I'll apply for the CALSWEC grant--but there's no guarantee I'll receive it. I've heard from several satisfied CSULB graduates, and it would be nice to go to a school so close to home. I did my undergrad there, and I loved the atmosphere on campus.

However, Fullerton offers smaller classes, plus I have communicated with some of their competent, passionate faculty, and they gave me a good vibe. A coworker has enjoyed her experience in the program thus far.

I don't know much about Dominguez Hills' program. They're taking their sweet time with admissions. I studied there 6 years ago, and while I loved 90% of my professors, clerical errors and other administrative issues on campus left me feeling less than confident about the school. Their new library evokes a big budget sci-fi film (yay?), but other than that, the place and surrounding area are ugly.

So I think it's going to be Fullerton for me.

Edited by ancientalien

Still waiting to hear back from USC. I head about two people who already got in without advanced standing .I'm so anxious!!!! For those of you who already got into USC, how long do you have till you have to reply and pay the deposit to secure your spot? I'll be out of the country from March 12-20 so if I do get in, I just want to make sure that I respond and pay the deposit on time.

UCLA would be nice, although I already have a hefty college loan to pay off, and some social workers have told me a degree from UCLA may not help me to find a job any faster (thankfully I have a few years of experience working in the field, and other relevant training). Wherever I go, I'll apply for the CALSWEC grant--but there's no guarantee I'll receive it. I've heard from several satisfied CSULB graduates, and it would be nice to go to a school so close to home. I did my undergrad there, and I loved the atmosphere on campus.

However, Fullerton offers smaller classes, plus I have communicated with some of their competent, passionate faculty, and they gave me a good vibe. A coworker has enjoyed her experience in the program thus far.

I don't know much about Dominguez Hills' program. They're taking their sweet time with admissions. I studied there 6 years ago, and while I loved 90% of my professors, clerical errors and other administrative issues on campus left me feeling less than confident about the school. Their new library evokes a big budget sci-fi film (yay?), but other than that, the place and surrounding area are ugly.

So I think it's going to be Fullerton for me.

I accepted CSUF offer two weeks ago. So It's CSUF for me too. I'm still waiting to hear back from 6 other schools but since I live in Irvine I don't think I want to leave the area. What concentration did you choose? 

Still waiting to hear back from USC. I head about two people who already got in without advanced standing .I'm so anxious!!!! For those of you who already got into USC, how long do you have till you have to reply and pay the deposit to secure your spot? I'll be out of the country from March 12-20 so if I do get in, I just want to make sure that I respond and pay the deposit on time.

I haven't heard back from USC either, Honestly I was expecting to hear from them before CSUF. I submitted my application Dec 1. So I really don't know why they're taking so long. At this point I don't even think I want to go to their school. It's way too expensive and I was already accepted to CSUF.

Thanks Jamie!! Congrats too!! :) when did you get the admission letter? Also how much was the deposit? Hoping that its not more than $500. Lol. But uggghhhh so anxious now!!!!! I'm starting to find out about more people getting in!!! Crossing my fingers!!

Thanks Jamie!! Congrats too!! :) when did you get the admission letter? Also how much was the deposit? Hoping that its not more than $500. Lol. But uggghhhh so anxious now!!!!! I'm starting to find out about more people getting in!!! Crossing my fingers!!
I just heard from USC and was accepted via email! I applied for the regular 2 year MSW at the University Park campus. It said a package in the mail would be arriving soon with more info, but the deposit is $280 and there was so specific date listed in the email. Good luck!!

@Kim, congrats!!! So I guess I'll receive an email first then. I applied to the same campus (2 year).. hope to hear from them soon. Thank you!!

I just got my acceptance letter from UCLA! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. It was my number one choice. 

that's awesome! congrats! did you apply by the priority deadline of dec 15 or regular jan 15?

nvm, answered my own question by reading the bottom of your post lol

Edited by uclahopeful