MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

After an agonizing wait I received an email today from CSULB.  I'm in 'pending' status.  Bummer!  They say it could be as late as July before I hear anything.  Is there anyone in pending that has heard anything, yet?

Has anyone heard from Csudh? I was told there were not many spots remaining for the 2 yr. full time program, but still haven't heard back after submitting my application in early March. Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone going to CSUF, if so, what concentration?

Child Welfare and you? Has your CSUF Portal Status Changed? I was accepted by the department back in Feb. and they are till me that our status will not change until next month. 

I am on pending status at CSULB.

"Your application packet submitted to the School of Social Work has been evaluated and you have been placed in pending status.  This means that a decision regarding your acceptance into the graduate program might not be rendered until we approach the end of the 2013 admissions cycle."

anyone else who was placed on pending status received admission?

Child Welfare and you? Has your CSUF Portal Status Changed? I was accepted by the department back in Feb. and they are till me that our status will not change until next month. 

They sent an email saying to expect something this month on the finalized cohort and more details on the 4 day readiness thing next month... I am going into Community Mental Health, but am hoping to change my concentration after my first year to Child Welfare. No my portal status has not changed either because it wont until the cohort is finalized... so whenever that  is.

I stumbled onto this site while looking for information online. I have been accepted to USC for the MSW (VAC) program beginning Fall 2013 but have not heard anything about grants or scholarships, does anyone know when they let you know about these? So far all I know of is the one student loan which leaves a HUGE amount left of over 40k for the first year and I am crossing fingers I won't have to take out a loan to cover all of that! :unsure:

Thanks

Pam

I am on pending status at CSULB.   "Your application packet submitted to the School of Social Work has been evaluated and you have been placed in pending status.  This means that a decision regarding your acceptance into the graduate program might not be rendered until we approach the end of the 2013 admissions cycle."   anyone else who was placed on pending status received admission?
Not that I know of, I was placed on pending status in April. They already had their mandatory orientation on May 10.

They sent an email saying to expect something this month on the finalized cohort and more details on the 4 day readiness thing next month... I am going into Community Mental Health, but am hoping to change my concentration after my first year to Child Welfare. No my portal status has not changed either because it wont until the cohort is finalized... so whenever that  is.

Oh okay, I chose the child welfare concentration and was awarded the CalSWEC scholarship. I'm meeting with my cohort next month, and my status hasn't changed either. Why are you changing to Child Welfare?

Oh okay, I chose the child welfare concentration and was awarded the CalSWEC scholarship. I'm meeting with my cohort next month, and my status hasn't changed either. Why are you changing to Child Welfare?

Awesome congrats! I did not want to do CalSWEC. I have my fieldwork appointment this Friday... I dunno when our 4 day fieldwork thing is at Fullerton, but I hope this give us all the information soon! I got my B.A. in psychology and was Gung Ho on going into clinical counseling so I wanted Community Mental Health, but I want to work with kids and since I got accepted because I applied to the Community Mental Health module and we all (both concentrations) take all the same classes the first year anyway I will switch over my second year if all goes well.

I applied January 15 to CSULA and hadn't heard anything so I figured they lost my app or something! Then I was notified via regular mail of acceptance this past Friday. So good news for people still waiting who think it's been awhile!

• 1 month later...

I was just notified today by phone I was accepted into the full time program at CSUDH so still good news for those who haven't heard back. My application was submitted in April and I was never waitlisted.

• 6 months later...

After an agonizing wait I received an email today from CSULB.  I'm in 'pending' status.  Bummer!  They say it could be as late as July before I hear anything.  Is there anyone in pending that has heard anything, yet?

Did you ever get accepted to CSULB? I am pending status too..

• 3 weeks later...

chris989 its a relief to hear that CSULA's decision for my app should be coming this week or next. (They're in my top 3 school choices) I got into another CSU, and I'm a bit nervous waiting to hear from CSULA and Chico when they will make final admission decisions. (BTW Chico applicants from I last heard may have to wait until the end of April for decisions, bad news for me with the other school wanting me to make a final decision by April 15th)