Chicago Harris

Pinkman

I received an email from a student too, which was cool, but I also received emails from students at places like Maxwell and Korbel. The issue was the actual admissions team. I can never get them on the phone, they dont respond to emails and they always seem to be unorganized when I do actually get a response.

Having used the search function just now, its a shame to see I'm not the only one. I've relayed these concerns to a student and she mentioned that she had the same experiences when applying but her mind was made up when she met the faculty. Chicago needs to invest in a new admissions dept!

FWIW, I've found that Jeremey Edwards always responds to emails promptly, whereas Maggie Decarlo and Rhonda Roseboro are terrible.

I thought the same until recently. He hasnt responded to my last 3 emails.

I thought the same until recently. He hasnt responded to my last 3 emails.

I had the same experience with HKS (HBS is worse, they never reply to any inquiry). I sent an email to the director to follow up on my application status, but no reply. Does anyone have a suggestion what to do in those situations? Would it be seen as negative to escalate/push the issue? Or is it better to drop it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read an interesting Twitter post from Harris admissions:

"AppTip#11: Apply to places where you want to live. Your life goes on even when you're in graduate school, you should enjoy it."

That's why I ended up not applying there and WWS, etc. Hehe..

Edited by Public Policy Expert

It is really really cold! Oh and it has a bad rep among ngo workers and left wing global leaders due to Milton Friedman (who had nothing to do with Harris but you should hear some people).

I like the program but a friend of mine, who is a rock star compared to me, didnt get any funding so I dont expect to do so.

Communication has been better of late but it still leaves a lot to be desired. They screwed up my GRE score, by not attaching to my file and then subsequently chasing me down for it (which I appreciate in the sense that not a lot of schools do that). I'd consider the program if I get decent funding but I'm holding my breath.

Big day tomorrow! Selecting our Fall 2013 class! Decision release in 5-7 days. Stay tuned! http://tinyurl.com/d2zonet 

11:43 AM - Feb 28, 2013

... just FYI. 

Oh God! Does that mean 5-7 business days, or regular days? because if it's the latter, we could be hearing today!

Oh God! Does that mean 5-7 business days, or regular days? because if it's the latter, we could be hearing today!

Oh wow, so you just gave me a tiny heart attack, nbd. Haha, I had done the math too and thought today was a possibility, so, when I saw there was a new post to the Chicago thread I freaked out a little. But yeah, from their past performance, it seems like they don't always stick to their own deadlines, so who knows. 

HS_Icon_Twitter_Admissions_normal.jpg Chicago Harris OOA‏@ HarrisAdmission

...sorry, can't release decisions until we have it all confirmed. You should know by March 11 for certain.

10:59 AM - Mar 6, 2013

... apparently that was 7 business days. Anyway, just FYI.

As others have said, I also expect no funding. So really, I'm 95 percent set on Heinz, but I just want to know for sure! 

Pure speculation here but...

Based on a results search for UChicago Harris School MPP last year, candidates found out over a period of at least two days.

If everyone "should know by March 11 for certain," this would mean all decisions (admitted, waitlisted, rejected) would have to be released by then.

Could we assume then that they will begin releasing decisions tomorrow?

Really not trying to give anyone a heart attack, promise!  I wish you all the best of luck!

I spoke to a friend of mine today (currently in the program) and she said that she got her notification on March 8th. Hopefully they are sticking to the timeline from last year, we may hear tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Log in to check your application... mine has been updated with an aid agreement which looks very promising!   :D

I see the same thing too (thanks for the tip, ironhidalgo!), but I don't know, I'm scared to get too excited ;)