Chicago Harris

Pinkman

Congrats everyone!

Also, if this forum hadn't existed, and I didn't know I could just log in to my application for the decision, I would've been left refreshing my email yesterday until I lost my mind (... still haven't received an email). So, thank you to everyone who shared helpful info!

Ok someone should teach the admissions office about confidentiality! Seriously they just sent me a mail inviting me to an event in my country and cced everyone else who was admitted.....of course this way I learnt that 2 other work colleagues got in (yeah!) but seriously, it is not cool they do this!

Hi everyone! I thought that I would try to address some of the pending questions I've seen on the thread regarding the decisions released yesterday. We released all decisions for Masters yesterday, and only PhD denies, with about 50 Masters or so that will receive their decisions in the coming 5-7 business days. If you haven't received an automated email from the University of Chicago notifying you that your online account has a status update, please visit your account. Your decision information should be there waiting for you - decision and aid award.

On a different note, I am fully aware of the past reputation of the Admissions office inability to respond to inquiries in a timely fashion. We have made several new changes to address this problem this year, and I'm confident that your inquiries will be handled within 24-48 hours. Please note, considering our small team, it is much easier for us to respond to inquiries sent via email, rather than by phone. We hope to see you on campus soon - mark your calendars for April 12th for our admitted student day!

Best of luck to everyone!

Jeremy Edwards

Director of Admissions

University of Chicago, Harris School

Nice that school admissions respond on the forum. I also like that they keep you posted via Twitter.

Why do HKS and others not do the same??? As far as I'm concerned they're miles behind..

Thank you, if I might say so the little interaction I had with the admissions staff was very friendly and timely! Never took longer than two hours to answer! So this year atbleast you were top notch!

• 2 months later...

Is anyone still waiting to hear back about their waitlist status? I know that they said that they would send out the notifications by the end of May, but I am curious if anyone has received an update. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone, and congrats on getting into Harris!

I'm actually leaving U Chicago this year (i.e. in a couple of months), as is my roommate, and we are looking for someone to take over our lease in July. It's a nice two-bedroom owned by MAC Properties, which is pretty big/reputable management company in Hyde Park, on Woodlawn and 54th. Location-wise, that is pretty much unbeatable - safe, near campus, and one to two blocks from coffee, groceries, the 55 bus line, and Jimmy's (the only real bar in Hyde Park). The rent is $1,044 total; the details would be worked out with MAC, but you'd take the last month of our lease (July) plus the period of your new lease, which you would negotiate with MAC. If you'd like to move in early, my roommate and I will be gone by mid-June, so we could probably work something out there.

Also... it's warm, which is important given polar vortexes and all.

PM me if you're interested, and I can answer any questions you might have.