LBJ in admissions thread

MPPgal

Yeah, avoid on campus housing. You'll be surrounded by undergrads and tucked away in one of the coolest cities in the country. I'm glad to be moving back! (I hope)

Got accepted on Monday...congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Has anyone received the letter from LBJ yet containing the funding information? 

Wow, those are amazing. Congratulations (I hope some of that fellowship money you don't accept can go to some other people, haha!)

Can you guys post your stats if you don't mind? I have no idea how they deal out these fellowships.

Did you get an e-mail or letter in the mail?

Same here, in state tuition waiver plus 50k for the two years, hard that anyone can match up!

Yes. That same award. It certainly feels warm in the gut.

I don't think anyone will match it, and the relief from finishing grad school debt free would be amazing. It has me thinking, heh...

The thing is that I already have a budget for Goldman with at most $20 000 of debt by graduation, and on the long run I don't think that money will make as much difference as the program.

Wow, those are amazing. Congratulations (I hope some of that fellowship money you don't accept can go to some other people, haha!)

Can you guys post your stats if you don't mind? I have no idea how they deal out these fellowships.

Did you get an e-mail or letter in the mail?

I hope so too. I'll share you my stats in PM. 

I got an email with a scanned letter.

Wow, congrats to both of you!! Those are some amazing offers. Hopefully they will send rest of the funding letters out tomorrow...glad to hear they are sending them by email and not snail mail, though!

Wow, congrats to both of you!! Those are some amazing offers. Hopefully they will send rest of the funding letters out tomorrow...glad to hear they are sending them by email and not snail mail, though!

If I am correct in my assumption, both recipients are international, which is why they probably got an e-mail version.

OMG that´s amazing! Congrats! Now I want that too haha :P ... Let´s see if they offer me any money AT ALL (not counting my chickens, I am actually quite surprised I was admitted tbh)... Again, congratulations guys :)

If I am correct in my assumption, both recipients are international, which is why they probably got an e-mail version.
that's true, however the email did say that they were not sending them through snail mail unless we explicitly solicit it!

Hey !

I received the same fellowship as you two guys to attend the MGPS, out-of-state tuition waiver and 50,000$ award. Really excited about it !

Good chance I will be in Austin in Fall, I don't think anyone will match that up.

Wow! That's great! I wonder if there are different fellowships/grants/scholarships for different things. Did it say what it was? All 3 of you are international, so I'm wondering if that's why you heard first (also heard admitted first!)

Well, I have no idea how they prioritize the decisions and the letters.

We were awarded the Johnson Fellowship, but there is no mention of the fact that I am international in the letter. In fact it just says that it is "one of the highest distinctions offered to an incoming student".

However, they might have sent the decisions in priority BECAUSE we are international.

PM me if you want more precise information.

Well, I am a U.S. citizen (currently living in the U.S.), and my admissions status was updated to 'admitted' last Friday. But I have not received any info on funding either way. In the admissions letter I downloaded from the application site, it said that funding info would come via regular mail. So my theory (or hope?!?!) is that they mailed out all the funding info to domestic applicants yesterday, and emailed it to international applicants to save on postage. Fingers crossed for a big, fat envelope waiting in my mailbox when I get home from work today. Eek!

FrenchO & others that received the Johnson Fellowship...Can you share your stats please? That would be great...Also, whoever said they're going to visit UT-A...save yourself the trip, imho, Austin is one of the best cities to live in right now...I hope I get some good funding news...

I am sure it is, but  I want to see it and see the classes before committing myself to it, especially because I got such an amazing funding but also got accepted into other programs in cities I know and like a lot (DC).