2013 Decisions Thread

scholl43

Just got an acceptance from UW today, and they told me via email yesterday that they're doing decisions this week so anyone else waiting should expect to hear from them in the next few days if they haven't already. I only got offered $10k over 2 years so I'll almost definitely be attending USC (full tuition scholarship), just gotta look into the availability of tuition/stipend assistantships at UW before I commit.

Skemp, did you get two separate emails from UW, one about admission and one regarding funding?  My admission email mentions that financial awards are ongoing but I feel like I'm not going to get anything if you found out about funding in the same email or at least the same day as you were admitted.  Thanks for the help!

I got two decisions the exact same minute: 5:14pm. You're waiting for months and then that happens?? What are the odds?

Rejected for HKS and admitted to Fletcher. My first rejection but can't say I'm surprised - the degree wasn't the best suited for me (the only MPP I applied for) so they made a wise decision I'm sure. What comes to Fletcher - I'm very surprised I got in because I only have 0,5 years of work experience after undergrad but I only got $5k a year so it might not be so viable for me.

Skemp, did you get two separate emails from UW, one about admission and one regarding funding?  My admission email mentions that financial awards are ongoing but I feel like I'm not going to get anything if you found out about funding in the same email or at least the same day as you were admitted.  Thanks for the help!

Yes, it was in the same email. I think you're probably right, and if you do end up getting funding it seems likely that it'll be less than the already-meager $5k/year I was offered. But you never know!

Yes, it was in the same email. I think you're probably right, and if you do end up getting funding it seems likely that it'll be less than the already-meager $5k/year I was offered. But you never know!

Yeah I hear that....oh well!  

Accepted at SAIS (IDEV)  :), rejected at WWS (MPA)  :(

Still waiting for SIPA (MPA) <_<, and HKS (MPA/ID)  :unsure:

Applied: HKS (MPA/ID), SIPA (MPA), SAIS (MA), WWS (MPA) 
Accepted: 
SAIS (MA) ($)
Rejected: WWS (MPA)
Awaiting: HKS (MPA/ID), SIPA (MPA)

Have any internationals heard back from Evans?  on the results form it looks like it's only Americans this week 

I was wondering about the same thing. I haven't heard from Evans. One post said Evans told him/her they will be releasing decisions over the next few days.

Well the same day I get rejected by SIPA I get a letter in the mail with my acceptance from Whitehead (and a hand-written note, which was a nice touch).  I applied for a fellowship there so if I get that I will attend.  Right now its between Whitehead and SIS.

Looks like I'll be choosing between SIPA, Georgetown and HKS.  I'll be able to attend each for less than $10k tuition and fees due to outside funding.  The admitted students days are going to be big next month.

So happy all of my admission decisions are in -- this has been a stressful month, to say the least, and I'm glad it's finally over!

I was admitted to Chicago-MPP, SIPA-MPA ($$), and Stanford-IPS.

Deciding between SIPA and Stanford -- looking forward to Admitted Student Days!

Edited by gatsby8724