Texas Womans University TWU TETN cycle 7.. has anyone heard anything yet?

Hey there, I applied to TWU TETN but I have not heard anything either. The only thing I have ever received from them was the email I received after applying telling me they had my application and acceptance letters would go out the end of Feb. Hopefully we hear something this week. I'll post as soon as I hear something.

I did not this time bc I can't afford to go anywhere. I have been a slpa for three years in schools and a private clinic. I am trained in autism floortime therapy, pecs, lindamood bell reading program, lamp, and have over 300 hours of just observation / co treating. prior to becoming a slpa. 3.8 gpa, but did not do so hott on the gre. It's really ridiculous they look at gre over the experience and excellent recommendation letters. I am just sick about it, because I have worked so hard. I even retook classes I made 2 b"s in my speech major to get A"s. I know I have done everything possible I can do.. But it's just so frustrating when I work with cfy"s don't know what to do when they get out... But they got in over me. Sorry that's my soapbox:)

Wow, you have some great experience! I totally agree with you on hating how they look at GRE rather than experience. I also did not do well on GRE, I even took it twice and made the same scores, which stinks! Hopefully this school will really consider experience and letters of rec. You have a great GPA and have done everything to help improve it. I have a 3.67 GPA. I only applied here and to NOVA because I cannot go to campus 4-5 days a wk, I needed a distance learning program. However, NOVA is so expensive so i really hope TWU comes through. When i went to the info sessions there were SO MANY people so the thought of all the competition has me thinking i will likely not get in, but i will keep thinking positive. I hope we get our answers this week :) I think you def. have an excellent chance! I will keep you posted if I hear anything. Fingers crossed.....

Thanks for the encouragement girl:) You are totally qualified too, and have a great chance. I will pray that God's will is the TWU cycle 7 for us. I know seeing all of the applicants and how competetive it is gets so discouraging. I have never been confident person AT ALL, but I know I am a competent therapist( I will never know it all, but always open to learn new ideas and keep learning after those CCC's) It is frustrating when you know that you are actually passionate about a field and have SLP's tell you that you would make a excellent speech pathologist. It just stinks, because on my end I see so many  teachers who end up hating their job and decide they will do speech therapy.. so take leveling classes and get in before therapists like us, who have had actual experience. It is not like we will make so much money when we get out:) lol we do it because we love OUR JOB. When addressing slp shortage that should be something that counts. I can tell you I can take the GRE five times and never have the highest scores ever, but I can see a child, and be able to screen, and see children without maximum supervision and know what I need to target. So as far as grad school, I may not be able to score high on Gre, but I would never even second guess myself not being a competent grad student. praying for you girl, and if you get in and I dnt I wish you the best and much deserved. Lets keep each other updated, because I cant wait to know. I am loosing sleep, and my mind in the process. lol I wrote sue colten an email regarding status, as I am sure many have. No response yet,but I will let you know if I hear a reply. They probably think I have lost my mind, which I might have somewhere in the process:):) lets keep in touch. are you on facebook?

Hey there! Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I will def. be praying that we both get in! You are an excellent therapist and deserve to get it, especially since you are passionate about your job and love working with the clients! Hopefully we can both get in :)

I emailed Sue also, lol. Have not heard anything yet, I just need an answer. I have many people hear waiting to find out if I got in or not and they have been thinking positive for me, I hope to be able to tell them some good news :) I applied to 2 schools last year at this time and was rejected to both :( So this year better be good to me :) I just got on facebook this year. Email me at nicoleslpa@gmail.com so we can keep each other posted on facebook :)

Don't think that! Stay positive! They may not have updated everyone's account just yet. My friend is in cycle 6 and told me over 900 ppl applied for her cycle so it might take a little while longer. I called earlier this week and they were still reviewing applications.

No, I don't I'm sorry. Thank you! :-) I wish I would have known that everyone's status wasn't updated yet. I just wanted to share the news because I know I was anxiously waiting to know lol so I figured other applicants were feeling the same way. Good luck to you stay positive and keep praying! I'll be praying for you.

Hi! I have also applied to cycle 7. I'm in Region 20. Where do you check on webadvisor? I looked under documents and my grad school admissions says provisional acceptance. But I am thinking that is just to grad school and not to TETN yet. I already have a graduate degree and for that program I got accepted to graduate school and then the program accepted me shortly after. Just waiting to hear something : )

I am in region 20 as well. Mine says that it is awaiting departmental review. I called a couple wks ago and they told me that they would be mailing letters out throughout March. The secretary said there isn't a way to check to see if I got in the program online because the online webadvisor is only for admissions to the on campus program. So I will have to wait and see when the mail comes...

I looked at mine admission status and it says ACCEPTED under status for SPCHLANGPATH.MS?? I'm going to call tomorrow to see if that is just to grad school or the actual program.

Hi All!  I received my acceptance letter to cycle 7 yesterday!!  It says that I am accepted to the program and I have been recommended to the graduate school for acceptance and I should wait to receive a letter from them.  Has anyone else received a similar letter?  If so does anyone know when we should hear from the grad school and if it is more competitive to get into the grad school or the program???  Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone!

I believe that the "accepted" under the SPCHLANGPATH.MS is acceptance to the program... Does anyone know if there is a way to check acceptance to just the grad school online?

Congrats to you. I have no letter, and my status is still awaiting department review, and of course can get an email response. Does anyone know of anyone through region 13 who has been chosen?

Thank you. Good luck to you! I cannot get an email response either... Im sorry I do not know anyone from region 13.  I am region 10.  Has anyone else from region 10 been accepted??