SIPA

ийнна

Thanks so much for the reply ! It really helps! I will give serious consideration whether to be that "admirable" lol.

Just another question. A lm a little confused here... So when I applied, I chose the EPD concentration. And I do wanna do APEA. But given my background, is it possible? Any prerequisites to meet? I think I'm being a bit greedy but just wanna give it a try. Any thoughts?

Just lurking too as a current SIPA student.  The concentration choice is not finalized until your 3rd semester.  You can add and/or change to APEA if you want.  BUT, you must take "Advanced Quant and Econ"  No exceptions (as an EPDer you are free to choose between "intermediate" and "advanced")  U6400 and U6401 for Econ and 6501 for Statistics are at a minimum with others to add to the curriculum

Edited by hova1

Hey there current SIPA students. Quick question regarding foreign language requirement. I'm american, with French and Hindi as my parents languages. What would you recommend that I use to pass the requirement? Would it look better for employment afterward if I were to have Hindi/Urdu on my CV or French? (I feel more comfortable with French)

Thanks for help.

Tuna,

You lost me in translation with "parents language".  I'm assuming you mean native or mother tongue.  Put both languages down if you can speak both and just take the French proficiency exam.  Why would you exclude one?  Languages add diversity to the application.  Obviously, Urdu will be more relied upon for security/intelligence work but French is arguably the most vital language for development practitioners.  I do not know your background so I'll leave it at that.

So, SIPA told me they are reconsidering funding and that they are making decisions soon. Not super convinced that I'll be getting any dough, but for those still thinking of SIPA or not, there is hope. Now a decision between LBJ and SIPA. Lots of debt or not many opportunities?

@nolye05: Thanks for taking time out to answer questions.

I have made the 1000 dollar deposit for SIPA  ,but I haven't as yet received any intimation from admissions regarding I-20 ( financial certification for visa) and all other formalities. I am not worried given the last date for accepting offers is 1 may, and after that admissions may start their due processes.

any thoughts. 

Did anyone who is on the waitlist hear anything from admissions office?

I received an email maybe a week ago asking me to respond if I was still interested so I could remain in the pool to be considered. I'm not really sure how far along they are in that process though, because I never followed up after accepting my spot at SAIS

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from the waitlist for MPA-DP? 

I am actually still waiting and have not heard back yet. I emailed admissions a week ago and no response. Have you heard anything?

I e-mailed the program as well with no response. I wonder if they are using the waitlist for the MPA-DP program. It's so small compared to the MIA/MPA program. 

I called admissions and they referred me to a professor in the MPA-DP program. He responded that afternoon and said final decisions will be announced at the end of this month...! I am worried about the fact that it is such a small program but I am trying to keep positive thoughts.... Good luck with the wait!