Canadian wanting to study abroad (UK/US)- help!

Hi all,

Really hoping people can help me. 

I am interested in pursuing my masters in psychology and am thinking of doing so in either the UK or the US. Problem is that I am so overwhelmed by all different sources of information and am getting confused.

Specifically,

1. Are there any resources that can explain UK degrees "for dummies"? (e.g. what is the Canadian equivalent for a MA/MSc? A taught or research degree? A MA or MA(Res) or MPhil? Will they be recognized equivalently when I return to Canada for my PhD?)

2. Is the process of admission the same as Canadian universities (in both the UK & US)?

3. There don't seem to be many opportunities for funding/scholarships that will help cover the expensive tuition fees. But then again, many people do this all the time, so there must be a way...

If anyone who has been through this process before can provide insight, I'd really appreciate it!

2. University sites usually provided this info~ Oxford mentions this info. Most US schools require you to submit GRE scores and outline any extra steps required for "international" applicants to be accepted to their programs. 

3. There are some funding opportunities open to Canadians but it depends on what you want to study, where you want to study (which university) and what your grades are like.

1. Taught degrees are Master's degrees. Research are Ph.D.s This is all available on websites for schools, if you actually look into the programs. 
MA is the same as it is in Canada. M Res is a popular distinction in the UK and Europe I believe, it stands for Master of Research, and I believe the courses tend to be more focused on research methodology. MPhil is generally what you get if you complete your Ph.D. coursework but not your thesis, in Canada as well. All these can easily be googled for your answer. 

As far as I know equivalency isn't too much of a problem between England and Canada. Your main difficulties will arise if you're trying to get into a regulated profession, like Clinical Psychology. 

2. I just finished applying to one school in the UK. I needed everything I needed for my Canadian applications, but the GRE score was never asked for (though this might be program specific) and I had to provide an explanation as to why I didn't need to submit a TOEFL score. But I provided 2 references, a C.V., a statement of interest, and my grades. 

3. I know. This sucks. From my research the Canadian government has gotten rid of a lot of the funding options for students wanting to study abroad in the UK. Ones available are limited to students who have high GPAs. The National Student Loan Service Center website will be able to tell you if the school you're attending to eligible for you to get loans though, and the OSAP website mentioned they give bursaries sometimes. Also, schools normally have a scholarship or two available for students. If anyone else knows more about this I would love to hear it.