Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

2 hours ago, Zeezee said:

Hi aemi, congrats on your offer! Yes I have accepted my offer to LKYSPP.. Am really sorry about the scholarship, and I dont really know much about funding options in your country but I had an Indian friend who attended an MBA program in the UK with a student loan from a bank. Also i think there are amazing job prospects after the MPP, especially with international organizations. Since the MPP at LKYSPP is your preferred program then i suggest you stick with it. However, if you think you are really going to be stressed out financially, you could defer your admission to next year. Someone on the facebook page said she would be deferring her admission and that the people at the admissions office were very helpful. Wish you the best!

Thanks Zeezee for your support. Deferring would do for me as I don't want to lose this offer. Hopefully they understand my concern.

4 hours ago, aemi said:

Thanks Zeezee for your support. Deferring would do for me as I don't want to lose this offer. Hopefully they understand my concern.

Am sure it will be fine aemi.. Good luck to you!

14 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Am sure it will be fine aemi.. Good luck to you!

Thanks. I got an email reply from LKYSPP a couple of hours ago they said they are reviewing my case and let me know ASAP. Hopefully it bring some thing good for me.

8 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Ohh, you put in a request to defer already?

Actually I emailed them about asking funding status and options for me and in that email I asked them if there are no funding options then can they defer my offer.

On 18/04/2016 at 4:54 AM, aemi said:

Thank-you. I am hoping that too.

Aemi, any news on this front? Let me know since I'm also in the midst of trying to figure things out financially as well! 

10 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Aemi, any news on this front? Let me know since I'm also in the midst of trying to figure things out financially as well! 

Seaglass they responded that they are sorry that they are unable to grant me any scholarship as they have announced already the scholarship recipients for this year. Have you sent your acceptance? I have sent mine but still not sure of funding as I don't want to get support of my family and interest based loan is not an option for me.

Do you have any idea in case a scholarship holder declines his/her offer then are there any chances of transferring it to others? Definitely it has to go somewhere they can't just cancel it. I have seen posts of some person who might have declined scholarship as he/she was interested in another school so just making a guess that there might be others as well. I have emailed them with this query last Friday but no response yet.

Edited by aemi

On April 25, 2016 at 2:23 AM, aemi said:

Seaglass they responded that they are sorry that they are unable to grant me any scholarship as they have announced already the scholarship recipients for this year. Have you sent your acceptance? I have sent mine but still not sure of funding as I don't want to get support of my family and interest based loan is not an option for me.

Do you have any idea in case a scholarship holder declines his/her offer then are there any chances of transferring it to others? Definitely it has to go somewhere they can't just cancel it. I have seen posts of some person who might have declined scholarship as he/she was interested in another school so just making a guess that there might be others as well. I have emailed them with this query last Friday but no response yet.

Hi aemi, sorry for the delay! I'm in the same boat as you...was told by the committee that I am not considered for the scholarship either-- even when I pointed out some people may decline theirs. I've sent in my papers but not the financial form since I really don't know if I can afford this either. Although I'm looking into loan options, even then I may have difficulty taking out private loans :( 

Any updates from the committee? 

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm one of those who will be notified by end of May. I still haven't received any email whatsoever regarding my application :(

I'm starting to lose hope (sorry for being cynical). LKYSPP was the only school I applied to, and I'm hoping to get a scholarship.

Anyway, congratulations to those who got accepted!

• 6 months later...

Hello, 

I'm looking into applying to the LKY MPP but I can't find much info regarding testimonies. Could someone who's already studying there or finished already give their two cents on the program and how it compares to top US programs? I'd also be grateful if anyone who got a scholarship could post their stats. Thank you. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 1:00 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

I haven't received any notification yet even the call for interview . They told me that my application is under review right now.

What scholarship did you apply?

I applied :) Have not hear back. Last year people started hearing back mid february so that's when I suppose we'll know more. What is your app status on the website btw?

On 2/1/2017 at 4:33 AM, curiousstudent said:

Hello! Anyone who's applied for the fall 2017 mpp batch heard from the school yet?

Hi, I am here. Physical Application Verified. Admission status still N.A. let's keep each other posted here and keep hoping for invitation for interview. Good luck all! 

On 2/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, Thanapoomped said:

Hi there! Everyone

I'm new here and I sign up to tell you that I already get the interview invitation on 17/2/17. Wish you guys get it also. 

All the best! Wishing you the best in your interview and remember to keep us updated unto the nature of your interview. Hope to be invited soon too. 

On 2/13/2017 at 10:55 AM, Thanapoomped said:

Hi there! Everyone

I'm new here and I sign up to tell you that I already get the interview invitation on 17/2/17. Wish you guys get it also. 

Hey,

Good luck at the interview! Which program did you apply for? I applied MPA and did not hear back anything yet.

On 13/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, Thanapoomped said:

Hi there! Everyone

Great! Good luck, I have not heard anything yet but last year people from the americas didn't get their interview calls until early/mid march so I think it will take about that long. Glad we're getting more activity on this thread.

Hello everyone! This thread is so quiet this year...

Thought I would share for those of you who have upcoming interviews or still waiting to hear: I just had my interview for LKY MPP program on Wednesday. Pretty nerve-wracking, but I think I did ok. The questions were all case study-oriented, no questions like "why you chose LKY etc." so you really do need to know the case and understand its main argument and salient points. The interview lasted about 35 minutes in total. I had a professor interview me, and she was perfectly nice and friendly, which was a relief.

Good luck to everyone! Let's keep each other posted on your progress =)