Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

4 hours ago, BharathY said:

The case study was on 'Rice subsidies'. Like few people in the group, i had my share of technical glitch during the interview. So the interview lasted only for 15min. However, the interview went well.

Anyways the results shall decide. Hope the prime love is in my reach.

Oh Great! I think you had interview on 03rd of March. I had the same case study, same glitch issue. Same duration for interview lasting. The interview was good. Did you stumble somewhere?

Yes, hoping too that the prime love is in my reach with the Command of Almighty. 

@Ella16 I have done my BE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. For PP switch, took 19 online courses with certificates on edX and Coursera. Done two internships. Work experience is one month. Selected as a delegate on Harvard Project of Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) for track: Social and Health Policy. Mentor for two courses at Coursera as well. This is a humble profile.

4 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

@Ella16 I have done my BE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. For PP switch, took 19 online courses with certificates on edX and Coursera. Done two internships. Work experience is one month. Selected as a delegate on Harvard Project of Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) for track: Social and Health Policy. Mentor for two courses at Coursera as well. This is a humble profile.

Thats quite a profile. Did you apply for MIA at LKY.? (International Affairs)

2 hours ago, Rita Hayworth said:

Thats quite a profile. Did you apply for MIA at LKY.? (International Affairs)

No @Rita Hayworth! MPP not MIA. ad you to MIA? What is your profile? Have volunteer exp as well. Forgot to mention that! This quiet in the meaning of somewhat or wholly?

Edited by Amir Shehzad

1 hour ago, Rita Hayworth said:

I meant. That is a great profile. :) 

I applied for both. Have received an admit from MIA but no answer from MPP after the interview. 

Congratulations. When were you interviewed fro MIA and when for MPP? Would you please like to share your profile? Thanks for your nice comments. When you have received an admit for MIA why occupying a seat in MPP and escalating competition? :) 

16 minutes ago, Amir Shehzad said:

Congratulations. When were you interviewed fro MIA and when for MPP? Would you please like to share your profile? Thanks for your nice comments. When you have received an admit for MIA why occupying a seat in MPP and escalating competition? :) 

Dear Amir,

I received the MIA admit a couple of days back. It is a class of just 30 so i don't know how the process goes about. And, my first choice was MPP but I have gotten the MIA admit earlier and LKY wants me to accept or decline before March 30th. Which is prior to the expected date of MPP result. So, my situation ain't so cozy. 

1 hour ago, Thanapoomped said:

Really? Have they already lauched some admitted letters?

Yes sir, 

I don't think I'm qualified enough to lie over such a big thing. I've received an admit for MIA but no such info regarding MPP. 

15 minutes ago, Rita Hayworth said:

Dear Amir,

I received the MIA admit a couple of days back. It is a class of just 30 so i don't know how the process goes about. And, my first choice was MPP but I have gotten the MIA admit earlier and LKY wants me to accept or decline before March 30th. Which is prior to the expected date of MPP result. So, my situation ain't so cozy. 

@Rita Hayworth Congratulations Rita! Is it not possible for you to write and explain your situation to LKY? I just have the feeling that they might do something about that. Were you interviewed for the two programs? If yes, when pls? Will you also like to share your starts pls? Congratulations once again!

4 minutes ago, Asokai said:

@Rita Hayworth Congratulations Rita! Is it not possible for you to write and explain your situation to LKY? I just have the feeling that they might do something about that. Were you interviewed for the two programs? If yes, when pls? Will you also like to share your starts pls? Congratulations once again!

Again Rita, did your MIA admission letter say something about Scholarship? Will you also like to share that? Thank you and congrats again for getting in.

38 minutes ago, Rita Hayworth said:

Yes sir, 

I don't think I'm qualified enough to lie over such a big thing. I've received an admit for MIA but no such info regarding MPP. 

Thank, mate. And congratulation. I was so excited and forget to tell you that hahaha. I also believe as @Asokai that you can tell your situation to them.Whish I can see you there.:D

Edited by Thanapoomped

41 minutes ago, Asokai said:

I spoke to them. They said they can consider extension for a few days into April. But, didn't specify a date which makes it a little ambiguous and uncertain. 

When I inquired they told me that MIA's decisions are sent out as batches (probably all of 'em) and runs till July based on rejections ad acceptance. So, i don't believe they can extend my time indefinitely.

I was interviewed just once. March 2nd. 

And, interview was just OK. I don't even know how it went. They asked I replied and whoompff it was over. All of us are on the same boat of uncertainty with regards to our interview perf. 

No info about scholarship. I don't know if a mediocre person like me can expect any info on this. 

31 minutes ago, Thanapoomped said:

Thank, mate. And congratulation. I was so excited and forget to tell you that hahaha. I also believe as @Asokai that you can tell your situation to them.Whish I can see you there.:D

I wish so too buddy. I think all of us wish we get to meet each other. 

9 minutes ago, Rita Hayworth said:

I wish so too buddy. I think all of us wish we get to meet each other. 

You are not a mediocre, dear Rita! You have made it to LKYSPP. What is your profile? PLZZZZZ share it and what was your interview about. Congrats again! Surely! We will all be there.

Edited by Amir Shehzad

Oh. My interview was on Rice subsidies. I read a lot of you writing about your interviews on the same topic. 

My profile is an Engineering degree (medalist sorry for the flaunt) from among the good colleges of the country. A profession in music runs parallel. 

A year working for some research. A lot of my work be it in music or otherwise have been for a lot of unorthodox audiences/recipients as well.

So, that sums up my orientation towards policy. 

12 minutes ago, Rita Hayworth said:

Oh. My interview was on Rice subsidies. I read a lot of you writing about your interviews on the same topic. 

My profile is an Engineering degree (medalist sorry for the flaunt) from among the good colleges of the country. A profession in music runs parallel. 

A year working for some research. A lot of my work be it in music or otherwise have been for a lot of unorthodox audiences/recipients as well.

So, that sums up my orientation towards policy. 

That is really great. You are from IIT? I had interview on same case study. :) Did you face any glitch? There was no interview for MIA? I love Music, too. Lata Jee, Muhammad Rafi, Kishore Da, Mukesh etc.

Edited by Amir Shehzad

I spoke to them. They said they can consider extension for a few days into April. But, didn't specify a date which makes it a little ambiguous and uncertain. 

When I inquired they told me that MIA's decisions are sent out as batches (probably all of 'em) and runs till July based on rejections ad acceptance. So, i don't believe they can extend my time indefinitely.

I was interviewed just once. March 2nd. 

And, interview was just OK. I don't even know how it went. They asked I replied and whoompff it was over. All of us are on the same boat of uncertainty with regards to our interview perf. 

No info about scholarship. I don't know if a mediocre person like me can expect any info on this. 

Oh that's nice to hear! I believe things will work out in your favour. At least your case is better than ours that are still with no any offer, be it MIA, MPP or MPA. Fingers still crossed but tension is rising.

Wish you the best Rita.

43 minutes ago, Asokai said:

Oh that's nice to hear! I believe things will work out in your favour. At least your case is better than ours that are still with no any offer, be it MIA, MPP or MPA. Fingers still crossed but tension is rising.

Wish you the best Rita.

I believe so. You have applied for MIA as well. ?

I believe so. You have applied for MIA as well. ?

No! I applied for MPA and was interviewed just a day after you. Really looking forward to meeting you all in LKY. Hope to share the news of my admission any time soon just like Rita did.

7 hours ago, Asokai said:

No! I applied for MPA and was interviewed just a day after you. Really looking forward to meeting you all in LKY. Hope to share the news of my admission any time soon just like Rita did.

All of us are excited of our prospects at LKY. Hope we not only get in but also make the best out of it. 

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on GradCafe. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences here! It's nice to know that so many people are going through the same problems (and victories!) I had applied to a bunch of MPP programs and LKY is the only one I'm waiting to hear back from.

Has anyone noticed a change in their admission portal? Mine now says Semester 1, MPP (with nothing next to it)

48 minutes ago, Clumsyperfectionist said:

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on GradCafe. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences here! It's nice to know that so many people are going through the same problems (and victories!) I had applied to a bunch of MPP programs and LKY is the only one I'm waiting to hear back from.

Has anyone noticed a change in their admission portal? Mine now says Semester 1, MPP (with nothing next to it)

yes portal has changed.. but no result yet

2 hours ago, Clumsyperfectionist said:

Hi,

From which other places you have received offers? How was your interview? When was it scheduled? What was your case study? Would you please like to share your profile? @Clumsyperfectionist

Edited by Amir Shehzad