Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

On 3/24/2017 at 0:25 PM, Rita Hayworth said:

I meant. That is a great profile. :) 

I applied for both. Have received an admit from MIA but no answer from MPP after the interview. 

Dear Rita,

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you at least you are seeing a way forward. Cheers. Fingers still crossed. 

On 24/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, Rita Hayworth said:

I applied for both. Have received an admit from MIA but no answer from MPP after the interview. 

Congratulations, Rita!

On 25/03/2017 at 4:59 PM, Clumsyperfectionist said:

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on GradCafe. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences here! It's nice to know that so many people are going through the same problems (and victories!) I had applied to a bunch of MPP programs and LKY is the only one I'm waiting to hear back from.

Has anyone noticed a change in their admission portal? Mine now says Semester 1, MPP (with nothing next to it)

@Clumsyperfectionist: Similar to you, even I had been a long time lurker up here. Btw whatever you wrote is true. The text '2017/2018, Semester 1, Master in Public Policy' is appearing however nothing is mentioned post that. I'm unsure if that's a common update or not. Anyone care to comment on this?

On 24/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, Rita Hayworth said:

Congratulations Rita!!!

Wish you make an informed choice. All the best :)

Is there any news from LKU? To my experience the accepted ones get the offer very soon and it seems they have started the process since 10 days ago...really feel disappointed..my interview was 18 Feb but I reschuled it to 1 March because I was sick and I couldn't speak...

Edited by Nazaninn

For MPP, I think that there is no one receive the offer yet because Rita who choose MPP as the first preference doesn't get the MPP offer yet while he recieved the MIA one. If there are anyone who aleeady got it, please confirm us. Moreover, based on my reseaech, people started to get the offers on 4 April in the last year even on 2015 ppl got it around 24 March. Also, many of us get the e-mail that they will start to launch the offers on the beginning of next month. So, I don't think it's time to start the panic. :) Finger still crossed to all of you.

20 minutes ago, Nazaninn said:

Is there any news from LKU? To my experience the accepted ones get the offer very soon and it seems they have started the process since 10 days ago...really feel disappointed..my interview was 18 Feb but I reschuled it to 1 March because I was sick and I couldn't speak...

1 hour ago, Thanapoomped said:

For MPP, I think that there is no one receive the offer yet because Rita who choose MPP as the first preference doesn't get the MPP offer yet while he recieved the MIA one. If there are anyone who aleeady got it, please confirm us. Moreover, based on my reseaech, people started to get the offers on 4 April in the last year even on 2015 ppl got it around 24 March. Also, many of us get the e-mail that they will start to launch the offers on the beginning of next month. So, I don't think it's time to start the panic. :) Finger still crossed to all of you.

I said it according to Rita's offer because it makes no sense to not start MPP offer...OK, Lets be Optimistic..I wish all of us end in happiness with this application although it is so hard for me to wait more!

Edited by Nazaninn

1 hour ago, Nazaninn said:

I said it according to Rita's offer because it makes no sense to not start MPP offer...OK, Lets be Optimistic..I wish all of us end in happiness with this application although it is so hard for me to wait more!

Surely, all of us be optimistic and stay fingers crossed! They have not given any hard deadline on decisions! @Nazaninn! Are you from Pakistan? Would you please like to share your profile? What was the topic of your case study? It is hard for everyone to wait for more. Yet, what else we can do?

Edited by Amir Shehzad

I sent an Email to them just today and I was told in reply that the admission decisions will be realsed by May in batches which means they already sent Emails to some groups. The question remains is financial issues. The last ones have the chance of getting any fund? It seems I'm not among the first groups..it is clear if you check the previous years process on Gradcafe!

Edited by Nazaninn

2 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

Surely, all of us be optimistic and stay fingers crossed! They have not given any hard deadline on decisions! @Nazaninn! Are you from Pakistan? Would you please like to share your profile? What was the topic of your case study? It is hard for everyone to wait for more. Yet, what else we can do?

Studied Master of public management in Europe with A Gpa...worked in private sector as financial manager...rendered two papers in international conferences...my case was on rice policy in Asia...honestly I think the game is over for me...I wasn't among their first choices..I'm realistic enough!!

Edited by Nazaninn

1 hour ago, Nazaninn said:

Studied Master of public management in Europe with A Gpa...worked in private sector as financial manager...rendered two papers in international conferences...my case was on rice policy in Asia...honestly I think the game is over for me...I wasn't among their first choices..I'm realistic enough!!

Do not be so pessimistic! I had the same case study. From where are you? I mean to say from which country? How can you say you are not among their first choices? How game is over for you? It is late better than never. Just be patient and prayful! You have such a glorious profile yet pessimistic. Be patient and let the oil flow! How was your interview? Hoping to see you all at LKYSPP! As per their email states, the results will be floated in April and May. How does it come out of blue that you anticipate so beforehand. It is surely devil's work. It is surely a mistress work. :) As Shakespearean mythology necessitates the fact. :P

Edited by Amir Shehzad

We all need to stay calm. As mentioned by @Thanapoomped in 2015 results started coming out on friday march 20th, in 2016 it was around tuesday april 5th. There is no indication that results have started coming out and even if they had, people usually receive scholarships up until the second week of april so there's no need to panic yet. I personally know someone who applied last year, got her acceptance on april 5th (so, early) and did not receive a scholarship so I can dispell the idea that people contacted first necessarily receive scholarships. I think they're managing their MIA and MPP/MPA programs on separate timelines so we shouldn't assume if results are out for one they're out for the other. I do wish they would just start releasing them though, someone said the associate dean said they would start coming out the final week of march. 

Edited by Ella16

Yes, my point exactly. I was hoping the inside scoop was that they would release end of march even if they weren't saying so but it appears we'll have to wait until next week. There is still one more day left in the week though. Either way every day brings us closer and more likely to getting a result. 

Edited by Ella16

Nope never interviewed, If we're going by last years posts I would be pessimistic but according to them not all accepted applicants are required to complete an interview. I do wonder if this is true but I guess we'll find out soon. The only reason I would imagine they would change it is that with the new MIA program the admissions committee had a lot more work so they could have decided not to interview every single applicant, but then again this is purely conjecture. For my name, I'd rather keep that private. These boards are generally meant to be anonymous since you never know who could be lurking about and a lot of personal info is shared. If we get accepted we'll surely connect though :) 

Edited by Ella16

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity and to divert us a bit about the decision, why are you guys applying to LKY SPP? I mean I know it's No. 1 in Asia and No. 7 in the world (based on QS). But judging from what people write here, it seems that LKY SPP is really a dream school for most people and most people shares deep love with the campus. Would any of you like to elaborate your reason? Is it just because the rank? Or does anybody have a personal reason you'd not mind to share? Thank you and good luck for us!

Edited by Theo20

3 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity and to divert us a bit about the decision, why are you guys applying to LKY SPP? I mean I know it's No. 1 in Asia and No. 7 in the world (based on QS). But judging from what people write here, it seems that LKY SPP is really a dream school for most people and most people shares deep love with the campus. Would any of you like to elaborate your reason? Is it just because the rank? Or does anybody have a personal reason you'd not mind to share? Thank you and good luck for us!

I did apply because of the reputation of NUS and also coz it is in Singapore... Better Job prospects (may be)  

"Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that the final outcome of the admissions and scholarships will be released to the applicants by batches between April and May. We are unable to advise on the exact date of offers.

Have a good day ahead.

Best Regards,

SinYing"

This is the email I received from LKYSPP. So, just be positive and let us all stay finger crossed all the times. So, how can we say that we will get offers in first week or second week. So, no need to be whacked up!

4 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Hi guys,

That's a good question. I would especially like to know prospects after graduation. Does it really improve chances to get jobs?

4 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Hi guys,

@Theo20! I am interested because I am Asian. In NUS, what is being done that is wrt Asia. Being an Asian, I would love to do research on Asia. Moreover, this centruy is Asian Century. And NUS role is commemorative.

6 hours ago, Theo20 said:

Hi guys,

@Theo20, thank you for diffusing the tense atmosphere with your question.

Personally, it is an undeniable fact, that south east Asia is gradually emerging as economics power house of the world. This has thrown up diverse opportunities, in order to avail myself of these opportunities, that is why I apply to LKYSPP.

In addition, Singapore is one of the least corrupt countries in the world, coming to LSKSPP will enable me to study their anti-corruption model and develop a workable model for my country.

Moreover, I like to identify with the best, LKYSPP is the best in Asia. Currently am working with the most valuable bank brand in my country, I don't want to lower the bar(lol).

Finally, LKYSPP is very generous in administering of their scholarships.

By God's grace, I will see you July in LKYSPP.

2 hours ago, curiousstudent said:

That's a good question. I would especially like to know prospects after graduation. Does it really improve chances to get jobs?

I remember there's a page in their website explaining the income increase and profile of the alumni. Additionally, you can also go to the LKY SPP LinkedIn page and check the alumni profile one by one. I found it fascinating as their profiles are quite diverse, ranging from civil servant positions, consultants, bankers, and international organisations one. Hope it helps!