Yeah, it's really great to see all of this.

I was just thinking that it might be great to make something like this out of it:

http://mfaresearchproject.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/funding/

I know "rankings" are touchy things, but I also think it is the sort of thing that could be legitimately useful to applicants (knowing which schools have the best stipends in relation to cost of living). It obviously shouldn't be the singular determining factor--but, I also think it could benefit future applicants to know the financial situation before hand (and might convince them to apply to some places that they might not have considered otherwise).

I like the rankings format because it is easy to read, and it gives a sense of where the best stipends are. It doesn't say anything about placement, etc. (but there are other rankings, websites, etc. for these things).

Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea, but it might not be incredibly accurate given how most of the information is coming from a single applicant. At some places, stipends and fellowships vary widely. I tried to enter everything I knew about funding overall rather than just my own offer, though.

Cost of living definitely matters a ton. $14k is obviously not a lot of money, but I actually live pretty comfortably on it in Lafayette, especially since I picked up some of the miscellaneous funding that's floating around the department.

Okay, I entered in all of the top 50 or so schools from the US News rankings - anything we're missing information from is highlighted in yellow. Please contribute! Maybe there is some information available on the board/website - also, feel free to update information if you have additional details.

Here is the link (thanks to damequixote!)

Is this restricted to English/Lit folks only? I ask because it's often the case that humanities programs tend to have similar funding/teaching package awards. 

I was able to find info for Yale and Vanderbilt (and I'm sure I'll be able to find a few more online)--some of this stuff is published on the program websites, etc. If you find any information there and add it to the google doc, please note that you found it online (and leave the school highlighted in yellow). 

I've added Yale's info for mine, and will add Rochester's as well. My info differs a bit from yours, but feel free to assimilate them/integrate them somehow if you'd like. 

Yeah, I got my info off of the website - I'm not sure if it is up to date. That said, it is a different program. Hopefully someone who got into the English program will update that info as well.

Thanks for adding! This is going to be a great resource!

This is such a good idea! Perhaps someone can inform us about Berkeley's and Stanford's usual stipends for Comp. Lit students. Until now, I have managed to get this information from other universities (E.g. Chicago, UCLA, Cornell, CUNY...), but these two tend to be extremely secretive on this matter.

Please feel free to add the comp lit info. 

Also, if anyone has info on the UC Schools [or wouldn't mind doing a bit of googling to try to find some info out], other schools, etc. please feel free. I did a bunch of (quick) internet research and filled in as many as possible. This info can of course be updated to be more accurate, etc.

This thing is starting to look kind of impressive. Keep it up!