Purdue, BC, UW Seattle or Gatech for chemical bio?

Doubleshotnosugar

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak for BC, UW, or GATech, but I visited Purdue and loved it so I'll be attending there this summer. For me, my decision was 100% based off of a POI that I was dying to work with, and really not at all based off of the location - I'm from a very sunny place with only one season, so the idea of living in snow and freezing cold is certainly not a positive for me! I would suggest you choose based off of research fit since this is IMO the most important factor when choosing a grad school. If you don't love your research, the next 5 years will be rough, so follow your heart! Is there a school you are leaning towards at the moment?

I agree with mad science choose the person that you could see yourself working hard with, but still enjoying yourself.

I'm not sure your exact interests, but uw is doing some awesome work and has been generating quite a buzz in some of the protein computational work.

Also remember that on your Sunday off, hopefully you allow yourself/are allowed to take it off, you want to do something fun and take your mind off work. So make sure where you choose has activities that you can see yourself getting involved in. They all are good schools, and you are in a great situation to have to choose between them.