History Graduate Program Funding Package Spreadsheet

getitlow

• 7 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 1:11 PM, AP said:

May I draw new applicant's attention to this spreadsheet we started a few years back?

Thank you for making this!  It's been very helpful as I'm going through applications.

4 hours ago, etoile89 said:

Thank you for making this!  It's been very helpful as I'm going through applications.

Oh, it wasn't my idea, and I didn't start it, but I think my info is there somewhere hehehehe ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, very sorry about this. I'm new to this and was just flicking through, had a peek at the Google doc, but didn't want to edit it on my Gmail account, so I accidentally unlinked it from my Drive - not realizing it would alter the permissions for the entire file. I don't think I deleted it, but public access may have been cut off. Can't seem to restore it myself so I thought I'd best see if someone could fix it.

Also, if it's able to be restored, just wondering if my email will be visible in the edits? Slight panic here (was really hoping to keep things private for various reasons). Thanks, and terribly sorry again folks.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:07 AM, Anon1818 said:

Hey all, very sorry about this. I'm new to this and was just flicking through, had a peek at the Google doc, but didn't want to edit it on my Gmail account, so I accidentally unlinked it from my Drive - not realizing it would alter the permissions for the entire file. I don't think I deleted it, but public access may have been cut off. Can't seem to restore it myself so I thought I'd best see if someone could fix it.

Also, if it's able to be restored, just wondering if my email will be visible in the edits? Slight panic here (was really hoping to keep things private for various reasons). Thanks, and terribly sorry again folks.

Could you recreate the spreadsheet and make it public, perhaps with a temporary gmail account?

On 5 February 2018 at 11:58 PM, lordtiandao said:

@Anon1818 Sent you a permission request, see if you can approve it?

4 hours ago, gnossienne n.3 said:

Could you recreate the spreadsheet and make it public, perhaps with a temporary gmail account?

Ah, I wish I could. I actually didn't see the spreadsheet itself before closing it so it's marginally possible the permissions had been altered previously. But it was likely me, and in that case the issue is I don't own the spreadsheet - it was set completely to public edits, so it was vulnerable to  anyone accidentally triggering a permissions change. I think that's gone back to the original owner who started the thread. S/he will have to revert that, it seems. Might anyone have a hard or cached copy? Again, I'm awfully sorry everyone. (I should add, though I don't think it's much of an excuse/consolation, I had intended to fill in two funding offers at schools last updated 2015/16 and both those packages had already progressed quite a bit in 2-3 years.)

2 hours ago, Guest345 said:

Well, it seems like somehow the document has been deleted or erased.:huh: Wondering if anyone has a backup.

I have good news and bad news.  Good news is that I happened to have downloaded it, but the bad news is that I did so back in feb of 2016 so it's 2 years old.  In any case, here it is if people wanna share/add/see/whatever.  That's an open edit link but I still have a separate copy as well so if something happens again it's not a big deal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W69Cz4WzllK2r5tf2_qKaf8pfqMp8Ggy/view?usp=sharing

Lemme know if that works.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:11 PM, fortsibut said:

I have good news and bad news.  Good news is that I happened to have downloaded it, but the bad news is that I did so back in feb of 2016 so it's 2 years old.  In any case, here it is if people wanna share/add/see/whatever.  That's an open edit link but I still have a separate copy as well so if something happens again it's not a big deal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W69Cz4WzllK2r5tf2_qKaf8pfqMp8Ggy/view?usp=sharing

Lemme know if that works.

I'm not sure if this is true for others, but I've made edits that aren't showing up when I follow that link. Is it possible to share as a Google Sheet so it opens in the editable format? According to some quick googling, if the privacy setting is "anyone with a link can edit" everyone should show up as an anonymous animal (rather than displaying one's gmail).

6 hours ago, gnossienne n.3 said:

I'm not sure if this is true for others, but I've made edits that aren't showing up when I follow that link. Is it possible to share as a Google Sheet so it opens in the editable format? According to some quick googling, if the privacy setting is "anyone with a link can edit" everyone should show up as an anonymous animal (rather than displaying one's gmail).

I think you have to open this link, then open with Google Sheets, and then share the Sheets link here so others can go in and add stuff. Because this link is to an uploaded Excel sheet, any updates you make will only be viewable to yourself.

15 minutes ago, FrankJEspin said:

Added my Fall 2018 offers

@FrankJEspin, I can't help but admire (be in awe of, actually) all of your acceptances to top-notch history PhD programs this year! UNC, UMN, UM, UCSB, and Brown are not a "walk in the park" to get into. Would you mind telling us a bit about your background and academic progression, and if you have any wisdom or words of advice for crafting killer applications (which you have clearly done)?

Edited by TheHessianHistorian