HGSE Fall 2014

Edupunk

This may be giving away my stalkerish gradcafe tendencies a little more than I care to admit, but in 2011 and 2012, decisions came out on a Tuesday. Soooo it may even be tomorrow! EEEKKK! However, I'm still thinking it will be Friday for some reason.. 

I keep going back and forth on wanting to know the results or not! I kinda want to hold it off as long as possible in case I get rejected.. but then I want to know right away in case I get accepted! haha this process is really messing with me  :wacko:

As neurotic as I am, I checked each year's decision date from the results page and 2010, 2011 and 2012 were all mid-week and not on a Friday.... I CAN'T TAKE THE WAIT ANYMORE!!!! It's seriously killing me. 

This may be giving away my stalkerish gradcafe tendencies a little more than I care to admit, but in 2011 and 2012, decisions came out on a Tuesday. Soooo it may even be tomorrow! EEEKKK!

HAHAHA!! You are not alone. I just posted pretty much the exact same post. :-)

This may be giving away my stalkerish gradcafe tendencies a little more than I care to admit, but in 2011 and 2012, decisions came out on a Tuesday. Soooo it may even be tomorrow! EEEKKK! However, I'm still thinking it will be Friday for some reason..

I keep going back and forth on wanting to know the results or not! I kinda want to hold it off as long as possible in case I get rejected.. but then I want to know right away in case I get accepted! haha this process is really messing with me :wacko:

OMG The thought of knowing that we might hear back tomorrow almost made me peed my pants. Although I think HGSE never release the decision before the 6th though, according to my gradcafe stalking skills. Edited by psych111

You guys can dig deeper! 2008 and 2009, the results came out closer to mid-March. Seemed like they started trending a week earlier in 2011. I don't think day of the week has anything to do with it. Potentially a more interesting variable to consider is the number of business days between the application deadline and the decisions going out. But I've got real world things to do. ;)

Whoops, I just realized that I didn't send in the tax return and w-2 that was due on March 3rd :( We got so many emails about app deadline but nothing about this... totally my fault though! Anyone like me too??

Whoops, I just realized that I didn't send in the tax return and w-2 that was due on March 3rd :( We got so many emails about app deadline but nothing about this... totally my fault though! Anyone like me too??

Are you talking about the financial aid forms, or what :/ ? I wasn't even aware we had to send in any tax return / W-2 forms...could you please enlighten?

I got an email on Jan. 14th with the subject line: "2014-2015 HGSE Financial Aid Application Instructions". In the email, it gave instructions on how to submit HGSE financial aid applications. Did you get this email? You might not have gotten the email if you are an international student since you won't have any tax-related forms to send them. Anyway, we're supposed to send in the financial aid apps and FAFSA by Feb. 14th, and mail them tax return and w-2s by March 3rd. I'm going to mail them my stuff today... ugh...

Edited by psych111

I got an email on Jan. 14th with the subject line: "2014-2015 HGSE Financial Aid Application Instructions". In the email, it gave instructions on how to submit HGSE financial aid applications. Did you get this email? You might not have gotten the email if you are an international student since you won't have any tax-related forms to send them. Anyway, we're supposed to send in the financial aid apps and FAFSA by Feb. 14th, and mail them tax return and w-2s by March 3rd. I'm going to mail them my stuff today... ugh...

Ahhh yes. I submitted the form but did not send in the tax-related forms. Yikes. Aren't you an international student as well?

I haven't completed my tax return and w-2s yet though... O_O

Ahhh yes. I submitted the form but did not send in the tax-related forms. Yikes. Aren't you an international student as well?

I haven't completed my tax return and w-2s yet though... O_O

Good luck! Taxes are not my favorite thing to do, but unfortunately, we just have to get it over with :) I am neurotically checking this forum and online application!! Arghhh... it should be any day now, right?

I just found this forum. I applied to the Education Policy and Management Program.

I have not submitted a copy of my taxes to Harvard because I have not completed them yet. Does anyone know if this will hurt my chances?

Any predictions on when we will hear back? I'm hoping by Friday, March 7. I don't think I can handle waiting until the 24th!

I have not submitted a copy of my taxes to Harvard because I have not completed them yet. Does anyone know if this will hurt my chances?

I don't think this will hurt your chances of admission. From what I've understood, the financial aid application process is completely seperate.

I'm hoping that's the case also!

Does anybody have any guesses as to when the admit student event might be, for planning-ahead purposes?

I'm guessing they will be the first weekend of April. That's when it was last year, and having it on the second weekend of April would be too close to the April 15th deadline.

I applied for both Ph.D program and Ed.M Referral option. (I got rejected for my Ph.D program). Does the Ed.M admission committee look at both of my application? Or just the SOP I submitted for my Ed.M program? 

I put in a lot of effort in my Ph.D application so I'm scared that Ed.M committee might disregard Ph.D part of my application. Does anyone know how it works? 

I just found this forum. I applied to the Education Policy and Management Program.

Any predictions on when we will hear back? I'm hoping by Friday, March 7. I don't think I can handle waiting until the 24th!

Hi dmar86. It won't affect your chances of admission but may delay financial aid.

So every time I look at my phone to see if any new email comes in, I die a little inside each time. hahaha I AM SO ANXIOUS!!

Why can't they just tell us already?!

Good morning all! Here's to another day of compulsive email checking! While I have a feeling the decision won't be released until either tomorrow or Monday, I will continue to refresh this forum and my online app.