HGSE Fall 2014

Edupunk

Its like I can hear the Imperial march music in the background. Today is gonna be a long day!

Today will be the longest day of my life yet. I can't stop thinking about the fact that they might have us wait until Monday or later... Gahhhhh

Today will be the longest day of my life yet. I can't stop thinking about the fact that they might have us wait until Monday or later... Gahhhhh

I'm right there with you, psych111! Hopefully, we'll get good news today! 

What will be really funny is...that the results appear someone other than the online application system. Like they send us a link to go elsewhere. And I've spent the last two months logging back into the application system  :(

I think my lungs are losing the capacity to hold air for any longer..

I wish you all the best of luck. Hopefully, we all get whatever's best for us!

I've crossed a point where one minute, I'm thinking, "I probably didn't get in", but a few minutes later, I'm reassuring myself that I probably got admitted. And this process repeats endlessly. I'm turning insane. 

I've crossed a point where one minute, I'm thinking, "I probably didn't get in", but a few minutes later, I'm reassuring myself that I probably got admitted. And this process repeats endlessly. I'm turning insane.

That's exactly what I've been doing for this whole week. I'm also doing the whole reverse psychology thing where I kept telling myself that I'm not getting in, so if I do get rejected, I won't be as disappointed...

Haha good luck, all! I have found, in freaking out over Stanford, that freaking out probably wasn't the best course of action for me and was unduly anxiety-inducing. Hence, I will not freak out over Harvard *commences to refresh page 2308420394 times* (jk).

kijewels, if you are waiting on PhD, didn't those results come out awhile ago?

Not to be a naysayer, but I have a sad feeling it might not be today. I emailed Admissions yesterday asking them for a precise date for the admit students event, just in case / so I could potentially plan travels around it, and they couldn't seem to give me a set date. My thinking goes: if results were to be released today, shouldn't they have locked in on a date by now?

I read last two years threads and its the same pattern everytime. Students call and ask for a date and the office always gives the same reply, 24th/25h march. They never tell the actual date. So don't read too much into that. :).

Not to be a naysayer, but I have a sad feeling it might not be today. I emailed Admissions yesterday asking them for a precise date for the admit students event, just in case / so I could potentially plan travels around it, and they couldn't seem to give me a set date. My thinking goes: if results were to be released today, shouldn't they have locked in on a date by now?

I called admissions, they do have a date picked for the admitted students event. However, they are not giving it out. They were very kind on the phone. They said, "All we can tell you is it will be on a weekend in the beginning of April." 

My guess is April 5th or 6th. I really think they will get the emails out soon because people need time to make travel plans for the event. 

I don't know why they aren't releasing the exact date. Maybe, they've had disgruntled rejected applicants crash it in the past. ;)

This has literally been my thought process since I submitted the application! -.-

So, in order to kill time...I was wondering, does anyone know, even roughly or based on information released from previous years...how many applicants are there for the ~670 slots they have for Ed. M. each year?

HGSE admitted 576 students for Ed.M last year according to the website. 

How in the heck does the University of Nothing, Middle-of-Nowhere chose to send me an email with:

Subject: Ed. HEC Application 

Really??? LIKE YOU HAD TO CHOOSE TODAY?!?!?!?!?

Edited by OCD or Perfection?

How in the heck does the University of Nothing, Middle-of-Nowhere chose to send me an email with:

Subject: Ed. HEC Application 

Really??? LIKE YOU HAD TO CHOOSE TODAY?!?!?!?!?

Every e-mail I get, I stop breathing for awhile. :( I'm dying here!!